Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    They literally found the real perp in the early 2000s. DNA actually matched. He confessed and stated that he acted alone. Stop it.
    No. I'm afraid I can't.

If I recall correctly, two or three of the young black men said they held the woman down while a hispanic guy raped her.

The guy they picked up for it was hispanic, was he not?

That seems like a strange twist that they cops got these guys for the crime and some people yelled profiling but somewhere in their confession they named a hispanic guy and it turned out that a hispanic guy was the guy whose DNA was everywhere.

Don't you think that's a strange coincidence?
    “When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas 1971, Raoul Duke

Style
    CQC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    You don't know that he acted alone.

As for me being naive, well, there's shades of gray don't you know?

Do you think those cops didn't care who they collared for that? Of course they did. They wanted the guilty party. Maybe there are some bad cops out there that just want to punish the world unfairly but I'm more partial to the nuanced view that good cops sometimes get pushed too far and bad cops sometimes do good things too. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    The guy they know did it confessed. In detail. And said he did it alone.

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    A guy could look at that and ask why they knew it was a short young latino guy and wonder how they could be totally innocent at the same time?

See, man. It's a messed up world and sometimes our martyrs turn out to be total shitbags after all.
    “When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas 1971, Raoul Duke

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    The guy they know did it confessed. In detail. And said he did it alone.
    Oh so you're telling me that the guy that they knew who beat a woman's brain halfway out of her skull, nearly killed someone, and instead of going to the cops they did nothing.

And that sounds like the behavior of innocent people to you?

By the time the rapist got ID'd the central park 5 already had a civil rights lawsuit.

Did you know that sometimes criminals work together when there is no downside and a potential benefit, like a lucrative lawsuit is put in their laps?

One way or another, the rapist was going down. Saying he had accomplices doesn't help him out and if he did have accomplices, then maybe they refused to roll over on him for other things or share the lawsuit proceeds then he could stay quiet.

King of The Island of Misfit Toys supporting member
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    They literally found the real perp in the early 2000s. DNA actually matched. He confessed and stated that he acted alone. Stop it.
    that story goes deeper it seems.
    The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Remember that time Trump took out full page newspaper ads in the NYT demanding that the Central Park Five face the death penalty? Even though it turned out they were innocent? Good times. I'm sure race had nothing to do with that. As well as all the **** his slumlord father did. Cuckservatives are the ultimate nihilists. They claim "traditional values," but the only thing they really value is money, status, and a public reputation for empty moralizing. It's a massive contingent of corporate whores that have never given a ratfuck about doing the right thing. They mock anyone that wants to build a better world because they are perfectly happy with their lot and anything that gets between them and their stock dividends is a greater affront than any real injustice. Clownworld is more than a meme.
    Change that to both major parties and you are totally correct.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    xingyi
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    that story goes deeper it seems.
    Here’s what I believe. This was the late eighties spousal rape was barely becoming a real issue, abuse was just becoming a media issue, rape shield laws were practically nonexistent and vicim blaming was rampant.

Now add to the mix a viscous rape around the time a slang term called wilding started occurring. This wilding was said to have been occurring at the same time as the rape.

So, Reyes could have been stopped early, but I do wonder why she quit cooperating. It is why I raised victim blaming.
    https://www.newsweek.com/who-matias-...see-us-1442045

The victim identified her attacker as Hispanic and noted he had fresh stitches on his chin. When the detective assigned to the case checked local hospital record, he found a man fitting the description—Matias Reyes.

The woman left New York shortly afterward and stopped talking to police, with the detective assigned to the case transferred to a different unit. Reyes was never brought in for questioning, and the unsolved case was closed.

As well as the rape and assault of Meili, his year-long reign of terror would see Reyes go on to attack another five women by forcing his way into their apartments. One of the women, Lourdes Gonzalez, was viciously raped and murdered by Reyes, with him stabbing the then-pregnant mother of three nine times in the chest and abdomen and once in the face at her basement apartment while her children were in the next room.
    Nope, I am not going to buy a serial rapists decided, this one time, to ask for help.

Some of those five were alleged criminals beating and robbing people in the park.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/netflix...ve-11560207823

A few actually pled guilty to the robbery charges. Yes, I find it awfully convenient, normal in the 80s, to not tape the Actual interrogations.

I also believe the DA had to close the case because she didn’t want to raise the fear of a Serial rapists being around. So, as has been proven many times, you pin something on criminals to take them off the street. i also believe they needed something to shutdown the wilding and what a way to do it.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 9/21/2019 1:07pm at .

Style
    xingyi
    Quote Originally Posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    Oh so you're telling me that the guy that they knew who beat a woman's brain halfway out of her skull, nearly killed someone, and instead of going to the cops they did nothing.

And that sounds like the behavior of innocent people to you?

By the time the rapist got ID'd the central park 5 already had a civil rights lawsuit.

Did you know that sometimes criminals work together when there is no downside and a potential benefit, like a lucrative lawsuit is put in their laps?

One way or another, the rapist was going down. Saying he had accomplices doesn't help him out and if he did have accomplices, then maybe they refused to roll over on him for other things or share the lawsuit proceeds then he could stay quiet.
    My intense dislike of all police, yep bigotry on my part, was born of this and quite a few other incidents. It took me quite awhile to stop lumping all cops in the same **** heap as the dirty ones. So, please get me some links to this version of events. Personally, I have never read they knew Reyes.

If they are forum threads or conspiracy websites no need.

Thanks.

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    The fact they were all juveniles makes knowing any priors or associations problematic. If there at all.

The WSJ article link posted earlier was pay walled. It said?

Style
    xingyi
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    The fact they were all juveniles makes knowing any priors or associations problematic. If there at all.
    Irrelevant to my question. Dung has made some suggestion with absolutes and implied implications.

He got the story from somewhere, I’d like to see it and judge for myself. It’s why I constantly get links. It doesn’t mean I am correct, but you can see where I come up with my thinking and judge the accuracy yourself.

The CP5 get the headlines, but there were more people arrested. Also, some of the originals rounded up were hispanic men as well. Some of the group pleaded out to other crimes. So, I’d like to see what is driving him to make these suggestions of more than coincidence and knowing Reyes.

The former DA wrote an OpEd saying the newest Netflix show is full of lies and points out other crimes committed during the time perid.