1. #26811
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    36,119
    Style
    xingyi
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by lant3rn View Post
    More confrontational requires the content to have the quality of confrontation; unless it’s a multiplication than 0x confrontation is still zero. :D

    But whatever. I never directed my diminutive adjectives at anyone specific. And your insult by My inferring the negative is stretching to say the least.

    My conscience is clear

    Were you a psych major?
    Nope. My major makes your misuse of english words and definitions highly irritating.

  2. #26812

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    6,945
    Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    0
    Cruz has a point.

    The New York Times has become a clickbait tabloid.

    It is shameful.

    The NYT is not alone though.

    I feel bad for today's generation.

    What kind of example are our political parties, the media, and "academic researchers" setting...

    I guess our best hope is that they learn to think for themselves, investigate, and educate themselves on the basics of the scientific method, how finances really work, and what their opportunities to succeed are.

    We keep hitting them with a barrage of half truths, and tales of never ending exaggerated crisis from both / all sides, and the things that are real threats, albeit with less sensational potential, get glossed over.

    https://thehill.com/homenews/news/46...vanaugh-report

  3. #26813
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    26,729
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I knew three kids who died growing up. 2 I can name to this day, the other I talked to the day before he died and don't remember him. The minute I ventured out of my upper middle class neighborhood the numbers at least doubled.

    Yep, I am salty that when the rich kids die or a president is shot people like Rabbit and lant3rn want to bridge gaps and alter stats to fit narratives...Ya know "for da kids and da families." It"s okay to emotionally alter things to get what you want, facts be damned. Nope, hypocrisy is not showing that same energy for the innocent honor roll student killed coming home from school, because it is not a mass school shooting. Funny how those single killing mass shooting STATS are used to blow up the total number of Mass Shootings, but denigrated any other time as criminals kiling criminals.
    So, see, this is why I brought up stuff about Chicago. Out of place in a true mass-shootings thread as sit was.

    Because nobody apparently gives a **** about it...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #26814

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    6,945
    Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    So, see, this is why I brought up stuff about Chicago. Out of place in a true mass-shootings thread as sit was.

    Because nobody apparently gives a **** about it...
    I tend to bring up Chicago because:

    1) I like my guns, and Chicago is an example of gun restrictions not being particularly effective at producing low violent crime rates or murders,

    and

    2) It annoys people on the other side of the argument.

    I do think it is tragedy.

    I do think there is a way to help those kids, but it has nothing to do with more regulations and more policing.

    It would take a massive investment in education, entrepreneurial training, trades training, and getting mentoring and internship, and apprentice programs in place.

    But, most of the time, I just bring up Chicago because I like my guns, and see #1 and #2.

    Exceptions for talking about food. Chicago has good food, too.

  5. #26815
    Joe "I should not comment on Anthony Weiner" Biden staff
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    11,107
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    I tend to bring up Chicago because:

    1) I like my guns, and Chicago is an example of gun restrictions not being particularly effective at producing low violent crime rates or murders,

    and

    2) It annoys people on the other side of the argument.

    I do think it is tragedy.

    I do think there is a way to help those kids, but it has nothing to do with more regulations and more policing.

    It would take a massive investment in education, entrepreneurial training, trades training, and getting mentoring and internship, and apprentice programs in place.

    But, most of the time, I just bring up Chicago because I like my guns, and see #1 and #2.

    Exceptions for talking about food. Chicago has good food, too.
    So, a "re-education," program to make sure that inner city youth are not getting involved in crime, but instead becoming useful cogs in the machinery of society?




























    @lant3rn, that's a proper troll, too. Unfortunately, Gonzo and I get along too well for it to be effective. Also, this call-out is a meta-troll.

  6. #26816
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wa Chung Mountain, NJ
    Posts
    17,763
    Style
    Mixed
    -1
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/15/polit...raq/index.html

    And now we are "locked and loaded." Oh boy, perfect timing. US vs Iran can't vote out a siting president during a war.
    I can see Trump trying to get the 22nd amendment changed just for him, but the current House would never pass that, and I doubt the Senate would go there either.

    Isn't it convenient that this happened just a few days after Trump showed off those high quality intel photos of Iran's "failed" rocket launch?

    "The call is coming from inside the house!" Is what keeps ringing in my ears. All it takes is a small team to infiltrate Iran, launch drones, and exit. Then you get to say, with plausible deniability " the strike came from inside Iran".

    Trump is just the kind of con artist to attempt this sort of Wag the Dog bullshit.
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

  7. #26817
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wa Chung Mountain, NJ
    Posts
    17,763
    Style
    Mixed
    -1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    The New York Times has become a clickbait tabloid.
    And you have the audacity to accuse me of being unreasonable and hyperbolic, G3

    At least I use hyperbole to make constructive arguments along Descarte's method of hyperbolic doubt (hence my tag).

    You use hyperbole like 1bad65 did, to repeat the same bullshit premises over and over. Yeah the Times is a tabloid. Whatever. Change definitions to fit your personal politics.

    This is why some people call Bernie Sanders a communist. Idiots.
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

  8. #26818

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    6,945
    Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    So, a "re-education," program to make sure that inner city youth are not getting involved in crime, but instead becoming useful cogs in the machinery of society?




























    @lant3rn, that's a proper troll, too. Unfortunately, Gonzo and I get along too well for it to be effective. Also, this call-out is a meta-troll.
    One has to compare the net present value of the future welfare, incarceration costs, and extra policing and emergency responder costs against the costs of providing the trades programs, job placement, and entrepreneurial stimulus.

    The only people who have gone through that exercise for at risk areas like parts of Chicago and don’t do it are because:

    1) The Republican argument - “thoughts and prayers”.

    or

    2) The Democrat Argument - “We’ll throw a little money over the wall, but we damn sure won’t pull the wall down. If they don’t need the government to take of them, then they ain’t our slaves no more.”

  9. #26819
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wa Chung Mountain, NJ
    Posts
    17,763
    Style
    Mixed
    -1
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Been watching this since yesterday. Put Trump aside, this is perfect timing for Bibi. /conspiracytheory
    You should see the QAnon chatter. Just when I thought all to 50+ year olds were getting tired of being wrong on everything, yep along comes a secret drone strike, and the cycle begins anew.

    **** me, getting drafted at my age would both suck and rock at the same time.
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

  10. #26820

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,720
    Style
    what style?
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    So, see, this is why I brought up stuff about Chicago. Out of place in a true mass-shootings thread as sit was.

    Because nobody apparently gives a **** about it...
    People do indeed give a **** about it; the media doesn’t.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in