Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    "Everybody knows that walls work. You look at different places, they put up a wall, no problem,” Trump said outside the White House. “You look at San Antonio, you look at so many different places, they go from one of the most unsafe cities in the country to one of the safest cities, immediately, immediately.”

Trump is talking about a literal fucking wall that does not exist and because it does not exist it could not have an immediate effect on the crime in SA.
    I am pretty sure people don't fill out a request for "a wall" when they want vehicle barricades, spike strips, cameras, drones, or agents.
    I could be wrong tho.
    Well, that is how the White House budget proposal is actually written regarding the wall budget, it specifically requests those trimmings as part of the funding line item,

and the 112 miles of existing Texas border wall was already in place, and surely played a role, and continues to play a role in anti-Cartel operations that result in subsequent arrests of connected Cartel players in Texas cities that are far removed from the border.

When one of those multi-agency operations clears out over 200 Cartel operatives that are part of disparate San Antonio cells that use San Antonio as their focal US drug distribution and money laundering point, and those Cartel members were largely responsible for on-going violence on San Antonio's east end, then, yeah, Trump is not wrong about that.

He may have said it in an ambiguous way, since San Antonio is a Cartel distribution point with over the border origination points but is not a border city itself.

But yeah, for San Antonio, the Cartel problem starts at the border.

And the agencies who ran that sweep say the walls help, and more walls will help more with helping cities like San Antonio with those types of operations.
    Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 1/20/2019 10:15am at .

Style
    all things in Moderation
    We need 3 Walls on Gate3, 4 walls at Gate1, and lets get 2 walls in the air, we need some eyes on this situation. Special Wall Jones you think you can get on the wall and make this happen before my fucking kids are college age?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    We need 3 Walls on Gate3, 4 walls at Gate1, and lets get 2 walls in the air, we need some eyes on this situation. Special Wall Jones you think you can get on the wall and make this happen before my fucking kids are college age?
    I am more of an open border guy myself.

I prefer the solutions of:

1) Making drugs for adults legal, which takes the revenue incentive and cream revenue model away from the Cartels, and reduces associated violent crimes that surround the illegal drug trade, and

2) Making it as easy and cost effective as possible to let Mexicans who really want to come here and work or bring investment funds become legal residents, and/or American citizens.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    Oh boy. There is in fact security all along the border. I live in a border town. The local football team is called the Borderites. Helicopters, planes, boats, cameras hidden in trees, unmarked cars, DEA, FBI, the works blanket this area.

I live at the mouth of a massive drug corridor. The reason they use the regular ports of entry instead of trying to sneak past in other areas is because it's easier to disappear in a crowd than it is to cross the border at night when you think nobody is looking. Why? Because someone is always looking, there are cameras and planes with thermographic optics all over the place. A friend of mine even said the FEDS have a drone that looks like a bald eagle. Once they see someone crossing illegally they know automatically that a crime is being committed and it's too much work to stop every single car that crosses at a legal entry point and tear it apart looking for drugs. The only side of the border I ever see dogs on is the one leaving the country and that's the one that makes the least sense because that's where all the drugs come from.

There's a drug patrol boat that gets parked outside my house every few months. I hear helicopters and planes at all hours of the day and night.

And if you don't believe me, then try these on for size:

https://tucson.com/news/local/border...a58c06a76.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...uggling-2018-4

https://www.apnews.com/7a14725f21a845cb9d04b5bf990cac59

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/01...rants-drugs-p/
    Ok, now that is a valid and strong counter argument. So you are saying that all the stuff about the Sinaloa cartel mulling stuff across the unprotected border is a bunch of hype. So a border wall won't help that problem.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    An interesting read. The thing that caught my attention is that he name dropped Cambridge Analytica two days into Trump's term.

Kremlin Propagandist Boasted of His Hacking Efforts, Strongly Implied Colluding With Trump Team in Facebook Posts

https://medium.com/@ScottMStedman/kr...n-a905104965a1