Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Times Square Pipe Bomb 12/11/2017

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/511378...atest-updates/

"Suspect," in custody; bomb exploded prematurely. Alleged attacker had a second device with him.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/12/...nal-explosion/

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Port Authority Blast Suspect Is From Bangladesh, Lived In Brooklyn
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/12/...error-suspect/
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A suspect carrying a crudely-assembled improvised bomb is in custody following a blast in the underground walkway between Times Square and the Port Authority Bus Terminal Monday morning.

The blast happened at around 7:19 a.m. during Monday morning rush hour.

At least three other people were injured and their injuries are not considered life-threatening.

The suspect was carrying a photo ID on him with the name Akayed Ullah.

He is in his 20s, from Bangladesh and had been living in Brooklyn. He was injured when the device apparently went off prematurely and was rushed to Bellevue Hospital with non life-threatening injuries.

A second device was found on the suspect, police said.

Port Authority Police Officer Jack Collins held the suspect at gunpoint assisted by officers Sean Gallagher and Anthony Manfredi.

The crudely-made device had wires protruding from it.

A federal law enforcement official says the device malfunctioned — it did not fully detonate, according to the official.

Authorities are investigating the attack as a possible “lone wolf” based on the rudimentary construction of the device.
    Is Bangladesh on the Travel Ban list?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas Spirit View Post
    Is Bangladesh on the Travel Ban list?
    No.

But they may be soon.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    No.

But they may be soon.
    Brooklyn and Nevada?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ISIS! According to somebody not at all connected (former Chief of Police or some ****).

Also, dude made this **** at work...
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/11/us...est/index.html

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not sure I can think of a job title more humiliating than "failed suicide bomber."

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas Spirit View Post
    Brooklyn and Nevada?
    I was going to come back with some kind of "keep the north out of the south" quip but then realized I live in Flori-duh and we should probably do the country a solid and put a wall around our borders. So yeah, keep sending all the crazies here for us to deal with.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Not sure I can think of a job title more humiliating than "failed suicide bomber."
    This may come as a surprise but a lot of the people that get locked into(they actually use padlocks most often) those suicide vests often have a change of heart. The problem is that most of those nice vests with the primacord trim also come fully accessorized with a remote detonator. There were a couple of instances during the second intifada wherein suicide bombers were detonated live on television while trying to surrender to Israeli police. If not for bombs made by professional bomb makers and remote detonators I think you would have a lot more failed suicide bombers.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    If not for ... remote detonators I think you would have a lot more failed suicide bombers.
    Just want everyone to ponder that for a few minutes.

Style
    Bjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    This may come as a surprise but a lot of the people that get locked into(they actually use padlocks most often) those suicide vests often have a change of heart. The problem is that most of those nice vests with the primacord trim also come fully accessorized with a remote detonator. There were a couple of instances during the second intifada wherein suicide bombers were detonated live on television while trying to surrender to Israeli police. If not for bombs made by professional bomb makers and remote detonators I think you would have a lot more failed suicide bombers.
    Reminds me of a nigerian girl who meant to be a suicide bomber. A cop noticed she was acting strange in the street and they arrested her when she surrendered. This was during when boko haram had their 6 months of global spotlight.

Life preservation is a basic instinct on anything living, it comes to no surprise that people have a change of heart especially when they know they will be ripped apart. I think that may be the biggest thing fucking with them, if you convinced these people to commit suicide by sleeping pill or something more peaceful i think the change of heart rate will be alot lower.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last