Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #11
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Mighty Mouse is literally the best fighter on earth. And yeah, Barnett has BJJ experience, but his submission and control game is all catch.
    josh barnett vs sergei kharitonov strikeforce......
    Yes...... Takedown, Mount, Submit . Very catch wrestling of him.

    Mighty Mouse fights in a shallow division because most men aren't the size of children. He's good though.
    Matt "The Magician" Humme is legit. That's mighty mouses coach.

  2. #12
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,142
    Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    josh barnett vs sergei kharitonov strikeforce......
    Yes...... Takedown, Mount, Submit . Very catch wrestling of him.

    Mighty Mouse fights in a shallow division because most men aren't the size of children. He's good though.
    Matt "The Magician" Humme is legit. That's mighty mouses coach.
    It's "The Wizard". And Mighty Mouse looked solid vs Cruz back when he was training part time. And go watch Barnett vs Lister. Tell me that was BJJ he used.

  3. #13
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,824
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Josh's main trainer has been training bjj since before the ufc existed.
    Saku is awesome but has trained a ton of bjj,Paulson is good and a bjj Black belt and The Magician is good. Their schools are the exception not the rule. Most catch guys are clowns.

    Pay attention to what the best in the world are doing not some clown with a nice camera.
    You can't fight (in sport sense) against say, a BJJ guy and and do well unless you have done BJJ. Even under submission only rules, I would think, particularly in a jacket.

    Hell, even within a given combat sport, like Judo, to be successful at higher levels, you have to know what other genre of judo look like and how to deal with them.

    I wrote higher levels, but really, not so much only there.

    If you don't understand sleeve control, and basics of right versus right and left versus left gripping and throwing, it doesn't take long to get your butt kicked in a match.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #14
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,824
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    It's "The Wizard". And Mighty Mouse looked solid vs Cruz back when he was training part time. And go watch Barnett vs Lister. Tell me that was BJJ he used.
    You are using outliers to make your point, BTW.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #15
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,142
    Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    You are using outliers to make your point, BTW.
    Is the best fighter on earth being very much a catch fighter really an outlier?

  6. #16
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Is the best fighter on earth being very much a catch fighter really an outlier?
    1.He's not the best fighter on earth. He's the best 125 lb UFC fighter. It's a **** division. The level of skill at 145lbs and up is immensely higher and deeper.


    2. Yes they are outliers.

  7. #17
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    It's "The Wizard". And Mighty Mouse looked solid vs Cruz back when he was training part time. And go watch Barnett vs Lister. Tell me that was BJJ he used.
    1.I said those guys are good.

    2.Yes it was very much bjj . The patients and positional control scream bjj.

  8. #18
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,555
    Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like a no gi clock choke to me, but a weird one, and the setup is, IMO, silly.

  9. #19
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,824
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Is the best fighter on earth being very much a catch fighter really an outlier?
    I don't follow that stuff so I can't answer specifically. In general though, best fighter on earth is hyperbole.

    I see Rayce addressed that...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  10. #20
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,824
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Looks like a no gi clock choke to me, but a weird one, and the setup is, IMO, silly.
    You mean the original video, right?

    The one Rayce posted of Phil M, where he reaches over and grabs the far lapel starts off as a standard clock choke entry (Okuri Eri Jime), then he used the reaction to the choke attempt/threat to make space to get his yoga-hook in and take the back.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in