Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... Last
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Football Player Punches Woman in Self Defense

So, this happened a couple years ago apparently and the video was just released....

http://www.cnn.com/videos/sports/201...oma-newday.cnn

I had never heard of Joe Mixon before because I don't give a **** about ball sports. But this video again highlights one of my biggest pet peeves - public outcry from people who don't understand the law influencing spineless prosecutors. It's the same thing that happened to George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin case, except this time the guy felt he needed to make a deal instead of fighting it tooth and nail, probably because he wanted to try to appease the white knights in an attempt to save his football career.

It is complete and utter bullshit that this man was charged with a crime. The whole "never hit a girl" thing is fucking crap. If an adult hits another adult, the person who was assaulted has the right to hit back. And if he happens to hit way harder than the person who hit him, that's their bad luck. I guess they should've thought about that before they assaulted someone. This man did not commit a crime but yet again, another stupid bitch gets a ***** pass for getting treated exactly how someone who behaves the way she did deserves to get treated.

You know who agrees with me? The guy who wrote the fucking law:

http://newsok.com/joe-mixon-case-for...rticle/5336030

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
    So, this happened a couple years ago apparently and the video was just released....

http://www.cnn.com/videos/sports/201...oma-newday.cnn

I had never heard of Joe Mixon before because I don't give a **** about ball sports. But this video again highlights one of my biggest pet peeves - public outcry from people who don't understand the law influencing spineless prosecutors. It's the same thing that happened to George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin case, except this time the guy felt he needed to make a deal instead of fighting it tooth and nail, probably because he wanted to try to appease the white knights in an attempt to save his football career.

It is complete and utter bullshit that this man was charged with a crime. The whole "never hit a girl" thing is fucking crap. If an adult hits another adult, the person who was assaulted has the right to hit back. And if he happens to hit way harder than the person who hit him, that's their bad luck. I guess they should've thought about that before they assaulted someone. This man did not commit a crime but yet again, another stupid bitch gets a ***** pass for getting treated exactly how someone who behaves the way she did deserves to get treated.

You know who agrees with me? The guy who wrote the fucking law:

http://newsok.com/joe-mixon-case-for...rticle/5336030
    Don't get me wrong, I do not agree with "never hit a girl" but the stigma around this specific incident is all wrong. From what I could tell he became antagonistic, although I don't think without provocation. Even though the woman in question hit first you have to look at the escalation of force. Would he have needed to hit her full force to stop the incident?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I do not agree with "never hit a girl" but the stigma around this specific incident is all wrong. From what I could tell he became antagonistic, although I don't think without provocation. Even though the woman in question hit first you have to look at the escalation of force. Would he have needed to hit her full force to stop the incident?
    The guy who wrote the law says one return blow doesn't constitute anything more than self defense. Makes sense to me.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    emotions fly, but i like to think i'd be able to take more than one blow from a woman significantly smaller than me before i felt the need to cold cock her. he broke her fucking face for an insignificant slap. that puny thing came from hip level bro.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy who wrote the law says one return blow doesn't constitute anything more than self defense. Makes sense to me.
    What law are you referring to?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What law are you referring to?
    All of the laws pertaining to self defense in the State of Oklahoma. It's in the article I posted. He went through the statutes line by line, re-writing them as necessary. And he asserts that a single return blow does not constitute more than self defense.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    emotions fly, but i like to think i'd be able to take more than one blow from a woman significantly smaller than me before i felt the need to cold cock her. he broke her fucking face for an insignificant slap. that puny thing came from hip level bro.
    It doesn't matter what's nice and what isn't nice. That's not the standard. The law is the standard.

I hear this kind of talk all the time when somebody shoots someone legally in self defense. It pisses people off to no end. And what pisses them off is when they think the shooter doesn't care. Sometimes they can ackowledge the fact that the shooting was legally justified. But dammit, the shooter is supposed to be all broken up about it!

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All of the laws pertaining to self defense in the State of Oklahoma. It's in the article I posted. He went through the statutes line by line, re-writing them as necessary. And he asserts that a single return blow does not constitute more than self defense.
    I apologize, I skipped reading the article. Now that I have read let me go on record saying the Mike Fair has his head up his fucking ass. Yelling at somebody is not assault unless she threatened them with violence. Pushing somebody is not battery unless there was damaged done.

I'm talking about that part of the law which constitutes reasonable force. Oklahoma is a stand your ground state so Mixon is clear there. So was the force he used considered reasonable? I would say no. What Fair is trying to say is he wrote a law which would make clear that it would not matter who had initiated the situation.

*edit:
    And dude, what the **** are you talking about "All of the laws pertaining to self defense"? Get the **** out of here with all that ****.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I apologize, I skipped reading the article. Now that I have read let me go on record saying the Mike Fair has his head up his fucking ass. Yelling at somebody is not assault unless she threatened them with violence. Pushing somebody is not battery unless there was damaged done.

I'm talking about that part of the law which constitutes reasonable force. Oklahoma is a stand your ground state so Mixon is clear there. So was the force he used considered reasonable? I would say no. What Fair is trying to say is he wrote a law which would make clear that it would not matter who had initiated the situation.
    Pushing someone is battery in Idaho...defined in part as "unwanted touching". No damage need be done.

I didn't read the article or the law, but I'd be surprised if "damage" has to be done to constitute simple battery.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Pushing someone is battery in Idaho...defined in part as "unwanted touching". No damage need be done.

I didn't read the article or the law, but I'd be surprised if "damage" has to be done to constitute simple battery.
    A battery is the intentional use of force against another person, which causes harm or offense to the victim. Striking a person with a fist and spitting on another both are acts that constitute battery. (Okla. Stat. Ann. Tit. 21, 642.)

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... Last