Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Now they give Aikido a try...

I'm trying to figure out the point of all that. It's a lot of movement to deal with a stupid front kick.

It's funny, though, they make similar mistakes to the ones they made in the ISN video.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is a cool looking throw. Lots of places it can go wrong, but pretty.

Thoughts on application? Can you force it on your opponent, or does it require "harmony"?

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    Thoughts on application? Can you force it on your opponent, or does it require "harmony"?
    The main problem with the throw as is demonstrated in the clip I posted is the setup. It makes no sense going for this hip throw as an answer to a committed judo chop. If one wants to armonize with the incoming energy this, from @ 0:20, is a better option:

What they are doing is going for a hip throw after setting, poorly, an irimi nage (entering throw). This is how an irimi nage is set:

Evade - enter deep towards uke's back- grab gi collar- break posture - profit.

So, even if Aikido doesn't make much sense, what this guys are doing is completely absurd.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is a cool looking throw. Lots of places it can go wrong, but pretty.

Sidestep kick clothesline and cut the support leg from under the guy. Enter and destroy...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    The main problem with the throw as is demonstrated in the clip I posted is the setup. It makes no sense going for this hip throw as an answer to a committed judo chop. If one wants to armonize with the incoming energy this, from @ 0:20, is a better option:

What they are doing is going for a hip throw after setting, poorly, an irimi nage (entering throw). This is how an irimi nage is set:

Evade - enter deep towards uke's back- grab gi collar- break posture - profit.

So, even if Aikido doesn't make much sense, what this guys are doing is completely absurd.
    Were those videos better? Still a lot of obvious cooperation there. Bad wrestling psychology.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Still a lot of obvious cooperation there. Bad wrestling psychology.
    You mean, "Aikido?"
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Were those videos better? Still a lot of obvious cooperation there. Bad wrestling psychology.
    Better in the sense of displaying proper Aikido techniques and principles.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The worst part of this is really the breakfall with the closed fist, bad habit, gonna break something on a rough throw.

Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456