Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    ************ don't rush me. It's bookmarked. I'll read it when I can, alright.
    Actually, it so happens I have another set of papers I'm reviewing for an academic, revolving around graph theory and Platonic solids. As much as it seems counter intuitive, pretty pictures (ie geometric graphs) and English make a great, readable math paper as opposed to writing mostly code, especially in a dense format. I guess it depends on your actual requirements, but describing math in English versus coding it can really help your audience get through a paper containing a complex proof.

Are you allowed to include example illustrations? It would help break up the monotony of the paper to have an illustration or two. While I'm not a math guy, I noticed there are some useful geometric examples of Sylow groups.

The crux of that article was that you don't want the reader of your proof to have to decode the math every couple of centimeters. It can be far more efficient (for the reader) to describe an assumption in English rather than present it in code, simply to save the reader time. Adding a few inches of code can stall even an expert mathematician for hours or longer. You don't want your reader to get so far, and then have to stop and spend a day on a particular section. You want them to get through the paper in one sitting (assuming they can). So, just simplify wherever you can, make the reader's job as easy as possible.

There, now you don't even have to read the bookmark :-)
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 2/12/2017 11:51am at .

Style
    Pumping iron
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, I've taken it into consideration.

P.S. I bookmarked the full doucments, not your little bitch snippet.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    Western Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Deployment Age

Has been 18 since WWII. I do not Know about the age for WWI. Everybody in my got orders Nam but one . He was 17.