Page 4 of 4 First 1234
    Style
    MMA
    As one of the ultra-left Stalinist thugs who wants to take your guns away, I have a more favorable disposition toward open carry than concealed carry. If I'm carrying a gun to deter others from starting altercations with me, it doesn't do me much good if nobody can see it.
    Conversely, if someone else is carrying a firearm and thus has the potential to shoot me, I should like to know about it as early as possible, so I may plan my actions accordingly.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Style
    xingyi
    Well, you need to talk to your leftist counterparts who cry foul the minute they see "someone else is carrying a firearm and thus has the potential to shoot me, I should like to know about it as early as possible, so I may plan my actions accordingly" by calling 911 and wasting a LEOs time on a frivolous matter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    As one of the ultra-left Stalinist thugs who wants to take your guns away, I have a more favorable disposition toward open carry than concealed carry. If I'm carrying a gun to deter others from starting altercations with me, it doesn't do me much good if nobody can see it.
    Conversely, if someone else is carrying a firearm and thus has the potential to shoot me, I should like to know about it as early as possible, so I may plan my actions accordingly.
    Aren't you the guy who likes to make armor?? Why does your product for self defense get precedence over someone else's?? Also I would love to hear your so called "planned actiins".

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    If I'm carrying a gun to deter others from starting altercations with me, it doesn't do me much good if nobody can see it.
    Is carrying a firearm something to deter people from starting altercations OR is it so that we have the ability to defend ourselves should the need arise? I guess your argument makes sense from that perspective.
    Everyone is armed at all times; each and every one of them have the potential to shoot me. This knowledge (belief) is what keeps me alive.
    I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Style
    BJJ, Judo, SAMBO
    Most people I know here in Austin are carrying concealed anyway. As for not seeing the guns in racks through the backglass anymore, property crime has gone up a lot and guns are always high ROI so they tend to get grabbed ASAP. The only people I have seen open carrying are the weekly march on Congress Ave where the Constitutional Carry advocates are always followed by the bare chested lady who has a gun control sign. Oh, Austin, you never fail to entertain.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Naszir View Post
    Most people I know here in Austin are carrying concealed anyway. As for not seeing the guns in racks through the backglass anymore, property crime has gone up a lot and guns are always high ROI so they tend to get grabbed ASAP. The only people I have seen open carrying are the weekly march on Congress Ave where the Constitutional Carry advocates are always followed by the bare chested lady who has a gun control sign. Oh, Austin, you never fail to entertain.
    Funny to re-read this thread after I've made the decision to move (back) to ATX. I'm only a few months away. Anyone got click-ready info on how to transfer / requal for Texas CCP? My FL is valid for another 18 months.

Style
    BJJ, Judo, SAMBO
    Here are all the applicable laws and such brought to you by our friends at DPS.
    https://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/CHL/Li...lInstrInfo.htm

https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps..._campaign=2017 is the actual process you'll go through

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Naszir View Post
    Here are all the applicable laws and such brought to you by our friends at DPS.
    https://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/CHL/Li...lInstrInfo.htm

https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps..._campaign=2017 is the actual process you'll go through
    Sweet! I love that I get the steep vet discount, but I hate that I'd have to pay so much more if I wasn't.

Page 4 of 4 First 1234