Page 1 of 81 123451151 ... Last

Style
    Judo, Asian fisting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

anyone ever roll up to another school to check them out?

My Judo club often encourages people to go to other grappling schools (not strictly Judo) and train with them when theres an oppertunity to test what we do. My Karate/Kickboxing club is the same, and honestly I've been tempted by the oppertunity to look at a local wing chun club that claims to spar (they require mma gloves for sparring, so it seems like theres some contact at the very least). Figuring the common factor of white crane being in my Goju Ryu and in Wing Chun, Im tempted to see how they do things.

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do not forget to do this:

Style
    Punch and Grab
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimjonghng View Post
    My Judo club often encourages people to go to other grappling schools (not strictly Judo) and train with them when theres an oppertunity to test what we do. My Karate/Kickboxing club is the same, and honestly I've been tempted by the oppertunity to look at a local wing chun club that claims to spar (they require mma gloves for sparring, so it seems like theres some contact at the very least). Figuring the common factor of white crane being in my Goju Ryu and in Wing Chun, Im tempted to see how they do things.
    Yep.

Done it a few times in Judo cause I know people in a club who have invited me in clubs were there are guys who I would compete against (U81kgs or U73). Also cause of the BJA/BJC dick swinging I wanted to see what the difference was, I now just don't care.
    Done it with Karate (Kyokushin and Shotokan) just to see what it was like, I was...disappointed.
    Done it with BJJ cause my original coach stressed cross training in a variety of locations to get a greater breadth of understanding in Jiu Jitsu. I just don't tell my other coaches that that's what I do.
    Done it with MMA cause **** it, I felt like getting punched that day.

Honestly going to other clubs is probably one of the best experiences an individual can have in developing their Skill set. Exposure to other training methodologies, individuals and new playmates can only make you a better Martial Artist/combat Sport's practitioner.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bar Humbug View Post
    Yep.

Done it a few times in Judo cause I know people in a club who have invited me in clubs were there are guys who I would compete against (U81kgs or U73). Also cause of the BJA/BJC dick swinging I wanted to see what the difference was, I now just don't care.
    Done it with Karate (Kyokushin and Shotokan) just to see what it was like, I was...disappointed.
    Done it with BJJ cause my original coach stressed cross training in a variety of locations to get a greater breadth of understanding in Jiu Jitsu. I just don't tell my other coaches that that's what I do.
    Done it with MMA cause **** it, I felt like getting punched that day.

Honestly going to other clubs is probably one of the best experiences an individual can have in developing their Skill set. Exposure to other training methodologies, individuals and new playmates can only make you a better Martial Artist/combat Sport's practitioner.
    This is very good advice. Even with styles you might disagree with or outright laugh at it's always good to if nothing else gain knowledge of how it's done.

Style
    Judo, Asian fisting
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Do not forget to do this:

foot massage a plank?

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my dojo hosts competitors from a bunch of local dojos every friday night. if i wasn't such a busted up old man, i would enjoy the chance to do randori against the best guys on the local circuit, but the truth is that they're a bit dangerous for me to play.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    Kendo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've probably trained in a dozen different kendo clubs over the years, not to mention a bunch of seminars, plus all the people that visit us at the seminar we hold every year. No illusions about where I stand in the grand scheme of ass-kickery, kendo wise.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    I've probably trained in a dozen different kendo clubs over the years, not to mention a bunch of seminars, plus all the people that visit us at the seminar we hold every year. No illusions about where I stand in the grand scheme of ass-kickery, kendo wise.
    As it should be !
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sometimes take trial Taekwondo classes and spend the entire duration of my visit asking complex technical questions.

Very few TKD people really understand striking mechanics beyond "Me kick in air, look pretty."

Somewhere between a baguettte and a croissant
    Style
    Yoseikan Budo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I sometimes take trial Taekwondo classes and spend the entire duration of my visit asking complex technical questions.

Very few TKD people really understand striking mechanics beyond "Me kick in air, look pretty."
    What kind of question do you ask? I'm curious to see at which point I know nothing about striking

Page 1 of 81 123451151 ... Last