Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    #4 sounds like it's only gas, and not fuel oil etc.
    We go through nearly a million *barrels* a week in crude, as I recall.
    I think it's more like a billion. For those keeping score, a barrel of petroleum is standardized at 42 gallons. That works out to about 19 gas, 12 diesel, and 11 "other ****," after refining: https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=327&t=9. Again, please feel free to correct my math or facts, here. Powers of ten always trip me up.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    For sure. But let's keep deforesting all those third world countries for fun and profit...
    That's why higher CO2 = good!

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    I think it's more like a billion. For those keeping score, a barrel of petroleum is standardized at 42 gallons. That works out to about 19 gas, 12 diesel, and 11 "other ****," after refining: https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=327&t=9. Again, please feel free to correct my math or facts, here. Powers of ten always trip me up.

I meant my state ftr.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    They would have to essentially carbon tax or outlaw or severely restrict, one way or another, using "dirty" hydrocarbons for fuel. And get the rest of the world to agree to do so.

There are just too many of them left in the ground.
    At some point in the future, I would say within 20 years, biofuels will be cheaper than pulling them out of the ground, it is not even a matter of the stuff in the ground becoming more expensive. Once they hit price parity they will quickly move from parity to cheaper. Its an industry and techonlogy is in its infancy now and biocrude oil is was down to $7.50 per gallon in 2014, in 2009 it was $33/gallon. It needs to get down to $3 a gallon to be competive(and even then it will be x3 as expensive). Something that is very likely to happen in the next few years. It has the potential to reach down bellow $1/gallon something that is unlikely for the stuff pumped out of the ground to ever do again.
    Barrel of oil is 42 gallons. Though right now Oil is fairly cheap at $44.43/Barrel or $1.06/Gallon.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's why higher CO2 = good!
    If you are a plant, anyway.

Cretaceous conditions worked out OK because there weren't any hairless apes running around with chainsaws and bulldozers.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    At some point in the future, I would say within 20 years, biofuels will be cheaper than pulling them out of the ground, it is not even a matter of the stuff in the ground becoming more expensive. Once they hit price parity they will quickly move from parity to cheaper. Its an industry and techonlogy is in its infancy now and biocrude oil is was down to $7.50 per gallon in 2014, in 2009 it was $33/gallon. It needs to get down to $3 a gallon to be competive(and even then it will be x3 as expensive). Something that is very likely to happen in the next few years. It has the potential to reach down bellow $1/gallon something that is unlikely for the stuff pumped out of the ground to ever do again.
    Barrel of oil is 42 gallons. Though right now Oil is fairly cheap at $44.43/Barrel or $1.06/Gallon.
    If it's carbon neutral, then a carbon tax would kill "natural" hydrocarbons versus biofuels.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I meant my state ftr.
    Ah, that makes more sense... thx.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    #4 sounds like it's only gas, and not fuel oil etc.
    We go through nearly a million *barrels* a week in crude, as I recall.
    42 gallons of "light sweet," is most commonly used when we talk about barrels, and that breaks down like this:

Also, a good primer, here: http://canaryusa.com/crude-oil-refinery-primer/

Page 2 of 2 First 12