Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last
  1. #1
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,193
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    3

    Travis Stevens is Kicking Ass in the Olympics

    Travis Stevens has won 3 matches by ippon to make it to the finals in -81 kg ! I believe all 3 were won via ne waza.

    And yes, Rayce, he is a BJJ black belt (in 18 months, no less) as well, LOL!
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #2
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Travis Stevens has won 3 matches by ippon to make it to the finals in -81 kg ! I believe all 3 were won via ne waza.

    And yes, Rayce, he is a BJJ black belt (in 18 months, no less) as well, LOL!
    His guard pass to ippon pin was very nice.

  3. #3
    Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    plasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,247
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    5
    LOL at the Bulgarian looking for the ref stand-up half way through an over-under pass.

    Edit
    Found Link:

    https://instagram.com/p/BI5UCo6jLrv/
    Last edited by plasma; 8/09/2016 2:34pm at .

  4. #4
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Travis Stevens has won 3 matches by ippon to make it to the finals in -81 kg ! I believe all 3 were won via ne waza.

    And yes, Rayce, he is a BJJ black belt (in 18 months, no less) as well, LOL!
    When an American Male Judoka finally brings home Gold it will be..... BJJ Wins Again!!

  5. #5
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,073
    Style
    Kendo
    Unfortunately not so much for Antoine Valois-Fortier. He lost to the Russian in the quarters and then had to face Nagase in the repechage. That's 0 for 3 head to head against him for Antoine. I was surprised to see Nagase lose in the quarters as well, but I didn't see the matches.

  6. #6
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,073
    Style
    Kendo
    1
    Spoiler: Stevens lost by ippon in Golden Score to the same Russian who took out my boy Antoine in the quarters.

  7. #7
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,231
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Spoiler:
    : Stevens lost by ippon in Golden Score to the same Russian who took out my boy Antoine in the quarters.
    Spoiler:

    fixed
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  8. #8
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,073
    Style
    Kendo
    It wasn't in Golden Score, I was mixed up. It was halfway through regular time.

  9. #9
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,193
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    His guard pass to ippon pin was very nice.
    No better than blue belt level, of course, and a simple pass at that...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  10. #10
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,193
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    When an American Male Judoka finally brings home Gold it will be..... BJJ Wins Again!!
    And the relentless BJJ propaganda machine lives on...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in