Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hey everyone did you know all Submission Grappling is just BJJ?

Just look at this silly article below talking about the Olympics will have BJJ but call it Olympic Grappling event at some point in some crazy future. Sucks to be a catch wrestler or a SAMBO guy cause what you guys do obviously isn't Olympic grappling, nope only BJJ!!

https://www.jiujitsutimes.com/when-j...led-jiu-jitsu/
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    https://unitedworldwrestling.org/sit...ng_rules_0.pdf

They are bullshit rules anyways
    pg 16
    Illegal actions include:
    - Inside or outside heel hooks
    - Neck cranks (crucifix, full-nelson, can opener, etc.)
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Style
    Wrestling/MMA/HEMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reading through the rules they allow the wear of wrestling shoes, so I imagine that influenced their decision to not allow heel hooks. I like that they decided to award a take down if the opponent immediately pulls guard and you stay in a controlled position.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand View Post
    Reading through the rules they allow the wear of wrestling shoes, so I imagine that influenced their decision to not allow heel hooks. I like that they decided to award a take down if the opponent immediately pulls guard and you stay in a controlled position.
    Both Catch and S.A.M.B.O are known for there leg locks and the good old wearing of wrestling shoes

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Both Catch and S.A.M.B.O are known for there leg locks and the good old wearing of wrestling shoes
    International sambo only allows straight leg locks. So this falls right in line with the rest of the world.

The only grappling comps that come to mind that allow heelhooks are Vale Tudo/mma, American sambo(defunct), and sub grappling in the west.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [Double post

Style
    Punch and Grab
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slightly divergent, but what gives with the interwebs belief that BJJ will actually become (or should) an Olympic sport?

Moreover, what makes people think that the BJJ community would be in control of go/no-gi submission grappling in the Olympics rather than just giving it to the IJF or Olympic wrestling, instead of having to deal with a new federation?

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Wrestling national bodies (non-profit governing agencies) and Wrestling Olympic bodies should oversee those comps and that process, if it ever comes to exist.
    I would note that Sambo historically fell under the Wrestling governing bodies, so they have historically been able to handle rulesets with submissions.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The us championship was in July in North Carolina. Josh Barnett went and fought there.he lost by a weird/ bad ref call according to him. I was gonna go but wrestling in PJ's is my favorite, so I went to a Gi event in Vegas.
    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 8/02/2016 9:19am at .

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    The Wrestling national bodies (non-profit governing agencies) and Wrestling Olympic bodies should oversee those comps and that process, if it ever comes to exist.
    I would note that Sambo historically fell under the Wrestling governing bodies, so they have historically been able to handle rulesets with submissions.
    This isnt in a Gi. It's not Bjj. It's under usa wrestling.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last