Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... Last

Style
    Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Name some self-defense instructors who are better than Marc "Animal" Macyoung

I've done some lurking around here,and from what I can tell,it seems the "Animal" has a mixed reputation here(well,more people here don't like him than those who do like him) and I can definitely understand why. while I agree with a lot of things he says,there are also many things he says that I find questionable. Take his article/critique of grappling for instance. I agree with his core message(i.e Going to the ground in an unknown area,especially without your friends,is very risky.)but the way he presents his arguments...isn't so great(to put it mildly)

Given all this,Macyoung isn't exactly a perfect self-defense instructor. maybe there is someone better than him. You guys know any? (all I know is Peyton Quinn,but im not sure I'd call him better than Macyoung)

Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any competent middleschool wrestling coach.
    Last edited by Savateur; 7/31/2016 8:56am at .

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anybody who is more interested in self-defense than self-promotion.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rayce Neidzwiecki and Ryan Diechert, Phil and Rick Migliarese, Tandam McCory ,Any Team Balance school, Atos Jiu-Jitsu, Relson Gracie, Renzo Gracie, pretty much any Gracie Barra, Royce Gracie, Rickson Gracie, Ribierio Brothers, Dean Lister, Dan Henderson and team quest, Roger Gracie, Robert Drysdale, Maia,Mir-Mir is also a gun and knife nut.

There maybe be better ones but I tried to list them in order of handsomeness , fighting ability ,ability to repair electrical and communication lines and Humor.

Style
    Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha! Looking at your style,are you by any chance a Gracie Academy/Gracie Combatives supporter? I plan to go to a Gracie Academy that offers Gracie Combatives near my area in the future. Despite my remark above,I have a very high interest in learning Gracie jiu-jitsu. (hey,its not like I hang out in dark alleys or biker bars. I'm more likely to get into a fight with people I personally know. Gracie jiu-jitsu is excellent to know for this)

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosuke View Post
    Haha! Looking at your style,are you by any chance a Gracie Academy/Gracie Combatives supporter? I plan to go to a Gracie Academy that offers Gracie Combatives near my area in the future. Despite my remark above,I have a very high interest in learning Gracie jiu-jitsu. (hey,its not like I hang out in dark alleys or biker bars. I'm more likely to get into a fight with people I personally know. Gracie jiu-jitsu is excellent to know for this)
    I am a Jiu-Jitsu advocate. I am not an advocate of online schooling or low ranked teachers being the primary teacher of jiu jitsu. Too much of Jiu-Jitsu and grappling in general is invisible.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What Rayce said plus:

Just about anyone on this list

http://dogbrothers.com/affiliates/

https://www.johnsaylorsja.com/JohnSa...structors.html

http://hayastanmmaacademy.perfectmin...ur-instructors

Quite a few people on this list

http://erikpaulson.com/affiliates-list/

Its really not hard, learn a combat sport, then think about how to adapt it to your needs
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    Shopping around for one
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    any parkour teacher worth s damn
    running away is the best

Style
    Shopping around for one
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and no im not trolling
    running away done successfully is better than fighting
    less physivally dangerous, much less legally dangerous

if nothing else, parkour will get you in top shape
    you will outlast most 30 second fighters

do you want to defend yourself or promote masculine delusions of badass?
    be clear on what you want

this point has been made here lots
    probably an faq is an idea

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AprilRains View Post
    any parkour teacher worth s damn
    running away is the best
    Running away is often times the best option, but its not always an option.
    Combat sports will get you into the cardio shape needed to put some distance between you and an attacker.
    It will also help teach you how to defend yourself or others in a situation in which you can't.
    Of course nothing is fool proof.

Jocko Willink has a real point here.

Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... Last