Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Style
    Judo, Asian fisting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I think I found the new real wing chun guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb_N_Fbzvic

I noticed their facebook described this as a 'subtle' art when it looks nothing as such

the weapons look interesting but seems to be more contact based than wing chun

Style
    MMA,BJJ, Gongkwon Yusul
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It looks like someone thought the chun wasn't stupid enough already, so decided to add in spinning haymakers ([email protected] the alternating spinning hammerfists) and weapons that make no sense. Unless It's supposed to be a performance art? I guess its ok in that sense.

To be fair in another clip which turned up in the reccomended I saw a few seconds of what could be sparring, but even that looked fairly compliant and low-contact. There are a number of regular chun schools which do a much better job of incorporating aliveness.

Style
    Judo, Asian fisting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The weapons made me think of that movie, Gaurdians

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...1451925325006/

meanwhile some of the hand stuff seems just... what???

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guird View Post
    It looks like someone thought the chun wasn't stupid enough already, so decided to add in spinning haymakers ([email protected] the alternating spinning hammerfists) and weapons that make no sense. Unless It's supposed to be a performance art? I guess its ok in that sense.

To be fair in another clip which turned up in the reccomended I saw a few seconds of what could be sparring, but even that looked fairly compliant and low-contact. There are a number of regular chun schools which do a much better job of incorporating aliveness.

There are?? Proof please as I have yet to see an "alive" version of the chun.

Style
    HEMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

They seem to have a reasonable emphasize on fitness but apart from that it looks like a pure performance art. One of the guys is duel wielding Star Trek Bat'leths.

If that's what they're going for then great, they might be able to train a Z list version of Jet Lee but for self defence it looks pretty useless.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL at the foam Bat'leth as a weapon, especially because they are still "pulling their punches," with it.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    LOL at the foam Bat'leth as a weapon, especially because they are still "pulling their punches," with it.
    What's "you fight how you train" in Klingon?
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    What's "you fight how you train" in Klingon?
    I think it's a right straight,a thrusting front kick and then a double hammerfist to the spine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I think it's a right straight,a thrusting front kick and then a double hammerfist to the spine.
    You had me at thrusting.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    You had me at thrusting.
    You don't find any of that snappy **** coming from a Klingon. They commit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last