Page 9 of 12 First ... 56789101112 Last
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    They wont, i didnt. When i first started i bought a cheap gi and pure white belt. Learnt about the stripes later on and eventually saw some high white belts and i was like oh **** i need to buy a proper belt.
    Meh you don't need a rank bar stripes are for pussies that need validation that they are improving.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what your point is. If you thought I was glamorizing the Gracies' asshole behavior, you are mistaken.
    Your initial post and its word choices made it clear that you were not a fan of the behavior.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Your initial post and its word choices made it clear that you were not a fan of the behavior.
    Fair enough.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    You can use a piece of black adhesive fabric to make the bar.
    Blakc iron on Denim repair patches work nice and only cost about a $3 for two.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    Lol i didnt even know this was a thing. I got 2 hyabusa rashies and one is black and the other black and purple. Unless it has a picture of a belt it shouldnt even be an issue.

They wont, i didnt. When i first started i bought a cheap gi and pure white belt. Learnt about the stripes later on and eventually saw some high white belts and i was like oh **** i need to buy a proper belt.
    How about high yellows, see any of them ? Or was that a Tenth Planet JJ joke on your part ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I've been looking for a place to post this. Maybe it's been posted here before but I haven't seen it. It's only semi-relevant to the discussion but it'll make you shake your head.

Here's a video of a bunch of Gracies acting like gigantic fucking assholes in a Judo school. Specifically, trying to tell them how to run their own class and acting like the Judo guys are dick tucking when they're ready to move on to randori without continuing into ground work, just like any normal Judo class would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVdkug1ekiU

After all, it's not a safety issue to be rolling around on the ground while people are getting slammed to the ground from shoulder height all around you...

They certainly zeroed in early on on their main competition in the pajama wrestling market, LOl!
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Here's my complete thoughts on the matter.

1. Claiming to teach bjj on your building and then teaching bjj in you're Japanese Jiu-Jitsu Black belt is bullshit and misleading.

2. Going to someones school uninvited and acting like a **** is bullshit. It should be handled in a civil manner....... at first. If they still attempt to use the bait and switch an interwebz uproar is a good way to make them stop. I am not extremely well versed in this exact situation. the owner says he would have corrected the problem with a letter indicating that there was a problem and removed the sign/fixed the schedule wording. It would be nice to try and handle it in friendly way first.

3. I will roll with anyone with experience enough to do so. Anyone that has enough mat awareness to not hurt themselves rolling qualifies. Wrestlers, Judoka, jjj, bjj,sambo,etc.
    If someone is being disruptive to my class when I am trying to teach I will ask them to stop(it has never got past this point), if it were to continue I would ask them to leave and walk them out. If they refused I would remove them and call the cops. I have young people in my class and I will be damned if they don't feel safe in my class.

3. I perfer the idea of a challenge match over a dojo storm. There's no need to scare the **** out of some poor duped white belt young person at a Dillman school or ninja school. That ****'s not nice. If you make a challenge and its accepted then thats one thing. Beating up some 18 year olds ideal in front of him or her would be trumatic as ****. That might do more harm than good. Refusing to leave when asked to is illegal. That's not cool. Like Momma said," Two wrongs don't make a right."

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post

1. Claiming to teach bjj on your building and then teaching bjj in you're Japanese Jiu-Jitsu Black belt is bullshit and misleading.

2. Going to someones school uninvited and acting like a **** is bullshit. It should be handled in a civil manner....... at first. If they still attempt to use the bait and switch an interwebz uproar is a good way to make them stop. I am not extremely well versed in this exact situation. the owner says he would have corrected the problem with a letter indicating that there was a problem and removed the sign/fixed the schedule wording. It would be nice to try and handle it in friendly way first.

3. I will roll with anyone with experience enough to do so. Anyone that has enough mat awareness to not hurt themselves rolling qualifies. Wrestlers, Judoka, jjj, bjj,sambo,etc.
    If someone is being disruptive to my class when I am trying to teach I will ask them to stop(it has never got past this point), if it were to continue I would ask them to leave and walk them out. If they refused I would remove them and call the cops. I have young people in my class and I will be damned if they don't feel safe in my class.

3. I perfer the idea of a challenge match over a dojo storm. There's no need to scare the **** out of some poor duped white belt young person at a Dillman school or ninja school. That ****'s not nice. If you make a challenge and its accepted then thats one thing. Beating up some 18 year olds ideal in front of him or her would be trumatic as ****. That might do more harm than good. Refusing to leave when asked to is illegal. That's not cool. Like Momma said," Two wrongs don't make a right."
    Correct!

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    After all, it's not a safety issue to be rolling around on the ground while people are getting slammed to the ground from shoulder height all around you...

They certainly zeroed in early on on their main competition in the pajama wrestling market, LOl!
    One of my coaches still has a very Bjj vs the world attitude. A different one is just a combat sports sponge and the other one just love to **** **** up.

I personally love judo and sambo-esque throws. Generally speaking when I teach a move I won't know the names because of all my stand up grappling is a mash up of different origins and teachers. I will often just credit the region that favors it and does it the way I am teaching best.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post

Damn, after all this time I finally wanted to come back to the forums and say something and this asshole beats me to it.

I'm really not sure, from the OP, what the real question is here. I miss the days of simple, non patchworked fashion style gis. Last year I took some time off for myself to do a bit of travelling and visited about a dozen schools. Holy **** this subject is just the tip of the iceberg.

Page 9 of 12 First ... 56789101112 Last