Page 6 of 12 First ... 2345678910 ... Last
    Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I don't care about shirts. That's something for the pot heads to worry about.
    I figured that's a 10th planet joke. However, on several occasions I gone a harder on a white belt because they were wearing a IBJJF ranked purple or blue rashguard and I thought that they were that rank.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    I figured that's a 10th planet joke. However, on several occasions I gone a harder on a white belt because they were wearing a IBJJF ranked purple or blue rashguard and I thought that they were that rank.
    Ok now that is a bit silly, I mean to own an IBJJF ranked rash gaurd er um I mean to own one of a different rank than you are.....no wait I mean to own one at all
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    MT, BJJ, BKB, Barfighting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post

One of this days someone is going to get hurt.
    I would be very surprised if a BJJ blue belt got hurt by a JJ black belt.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Like I said its tricky cause even at white belt the straight ankle lock is allowed and a Blue Belt still doesn't necessarily know how to fall.
    As terrible as some of the ground work I have seen in Judo the stand up work in BJJ has been equally if not even more so aweful.
    However in competive BJJ I can flop on my butt if I know someone is a Judoka or if I can see they are getting the better of me in the stand up portion of grappling.
    Of course, some common sense would logically come into play, right ? For example, a competitive judo black belt SHOULD find out the rules, and then go and train with a BJJ teacher/coach to make sure he understands the rules and potential things outside of Judo he/she might face. I mean, going into a a BJJ tournament where heel hooks and/or leg reaping are allowed could be a pretty poor decision...

Getting you ass kicked is one thing, getting a serious injury is another.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How many seconds does it take you to figure it out ?

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    How many seconds does it take you to figure it out ?
    Not long as you realize their shrimp and movement is garbage.
    Last edited by plasma; 5/26/2016 2:19am at .

Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Ok now that is a bit silly, I mean to own an IBJJF ranked rash gaurd er um I mean to own one of a different rank than you are.....no wait I mean to own one at all
    Required for IBJJF No-Gi tournaments. I have a Purple Ranked Shoyoroll & 93 brand for those.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Of course, some common sense would logically come into play, right ? For example, a competitive judo black belt SHOULD find out the rules, and then go and train with a BJJ teacher/coach to make sure he understands the rules and potential things outside of Judo he/she might face. I mean, going into a a BJJ tournament where heel hooks and/or leg reaping are allowed could be a pretty poor decision...

Getting you ass kicked is one thing, getting a serious injury is another.
    I just want some clarification
    When you say "competitive judo black belt" you use that term in a very broad sense right?
    As in literally a Black Belt that competes?
    Including the very recreational players right?
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not long has you realize their shrimp and movement is garbage.
    Exactly !

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Required for IBJJF No-Gi tournaments
    Yes like I said why would anyone own one ;)
    Of course if you do compete in that dreadful org, you need their gear.
    But owning one you can't even use to compete in given its your belt level I really don't freaking understand.
    Especially since there are 1000s of really awesome Rash Guards that are great for around the gym.

Page 6 of 12 First ... 2345678910 ... Last