Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Master Ken no!

Style
    HEMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Master Ken no!

How could the great master of Ameridote cheapen himself to the point of having this fraud on his channel?

Style
    BJJ, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love the Master Ken videos

Style
    HEMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Me too. Unlike Jake Mace he knows what he's doing isn't real.

Style
    BJJ, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never even heard of Jake Mace. What is he some 18th degree kung fu master?

Style
    HEMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MSProductions View Post
    I've never even heard of Jake Mace. What is he some 18th degree kung fu master?
    Clickbate titles, never spars and gives really bad self defence advice. I don't study his arts but I know enough to know his techniques are martially effective and seen quite a few kung fu/tai chi guys who say he has no idea what he's doing.

Top ranked sarcastic comment on the video:
    Cool sidestep. I'm sure you'd have pulled it off equally well if it wasn't slow motion.

Must be a true master to understand there is no need to keep your guard up with the other hand, boxers never throw combos and that flaccid wrist slap would break anyone's ribs and incapacitate them.

It's a complete mystery why we never see Tia chi masters winning MMA tournaments.

Be careful trying this on the street boys and girls, don't want to accidental kill someone by releasing too much chi!

Style
    BJJ, Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Giant View Post
    Clickbate titles, never spars and gives really bad self defence advice. I don't study his arts but I know enough to know his techniques are martially effective and seen quite a few kung fu/tai chi guys who say he has no idea what he's doing.

Top ranked sarcastic comment on the video:

LOL **** of the Bull is strong in this one!!! There's a reason I've never heard of this guy. Thanks for posting this.

Style
    MT, BJJ, BKB, Barfighting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fuckin hell, that Jake Mace guy is camp as a row of tents.

Style
    HEMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Giant View Post
    Clickbate titles, never spars and gives really bad self defence advice. I don't study his arts but I know enough to know his techniques are martially ineffective and seen quite a few kung fu/tai chi guys who say he has no idea what he's doing.
    Had to correct a typo.

Style
    xingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL. Jack Mace, don't understand the name change, sparred for YEARS. I wish he'd go train something else because he's actually an all or nothing guy. I wish BJJ or MMA was bigger or Judo more prevalent at the time he found Shaolin-Do. Don't fool yourself, or listen to the "he has no kung fu" guys, he'd give a number of people trouble, even with his crappy videos. Before you say it yes, I know him. No, I will not defend his actions or the crappy kung fu. The Chinese Shaolin-Centers had a very interesting set up. Most of the original instructs, myself included, had trained and achieved rank in other arts. So, IMO, it is why you could watch a test and techniques would vary wildly from state to state. Instructors were TKD guys, Judo guys, Kyokushin guys, boxers etc etc etc. So, depending on where you trained everything was modified and some decent, most mediocre and many were bad. Jake was actually ina decent hard sparring school, we actually got in trouble at one point.

Style
    HEMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    LOL. Jack Mace, don't understand the name change, sparred for YEARS. I wish he'd go train something else because he's actually an all or nothing guy. I wish BJJ or MMA was bigger or Judo more prevalent at the time he found Shaolin-Do. Don't fool yourself, or listen to the "he has no kung fu" guys, he'd give a number of people trouble, even with his crappy videos. Before you say it yes, I know him. No, I will not defend his actions or the crappy kung fu. The Chinese Shaolin-Centers had a very interesting set up. Most of the original instructs, myself included, had trained and achieved rank in other arts. So, IMO, it is why you could watch a test and techniques would vary wildly from state to state. Instructors were TKD guys, Judo guys, Kyokushin guys, boxers etc etc etc. So, depending on where you trained everything was modified and some decent, most mediocre and many were bad. Jake was actually ina decent hard sparring school, we actually got in trouble at one point.
    Interesting. I haven't found any evidence of him sparring, I've heard an awful lot of excuses about why he doesn't spar. I'll take your word for it though, perhaps his philosophy has changed over the years.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last