Thread: Decking Hos

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A classic switchblade or karambit are both terrible knife choices for a bouncer.

Style
    dead lifting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    My experience with OC is I use to sell law enforcement equipment whole sale, I have seen it in use, been hit by it, and have heard plenty of stories. So like I said not a lot.
    What doesn't add up is that **** hurts like a mother fucker, and we live in a very litigious society where people sue over just about anything, so to be so cavalier about over spray shows some serious lack of experience on your part.
    This can just because I live in CA but I have never seen a bouncer or event security carry any sort of spray ever.
    That can once again because CA has these law CA Penal Code Sec. 22835 and CA Bus. & Prof. Code Sec. 7583.35
    Basically meaning they have to take a special course and pass it.
    I love California, I was in San Diego at the MCRD for my sons MC graduation this winter. But it truly is a differnt country compared to the rest of the US. I did not see one pickup with a open rifle rack or anyone carrying a handgun. I probably shouldn't be so cavalier about spray these days, but yeah we kind of are. You have never seen event security carry OC? Just shows how different it is where you live compared to where I live. As a matter a fact, I worked campground security for a concert last weekend. The promoter brought a lot of their own people with them and most were from The west coast. I thought it was odd that they weren't armed at all. They kind of freaked when the owner pulled up in his truck and they noticed he had two rifles in a roof rack.
    Last edited by rnc357; 5/19/2016 4:28pm at . Reason: Spelling

Style
    dead lifting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    This can just because I live in CA but I have never seen a bouncer or event security carry any sort of spray ever.
    That can once again because CA has these law CA Penal Code Sec. 22835 and CA Bus. & Prof. Code Sec. 7583.35
    Basically meaning they have to take a special course and pass it.
    When I started bouncing years ago I worked at a strip club outside of town. The only thing I carried was OC. most of the bouncers wore leather gloves or sap gloves. They carried collapsible batons. There was a shotgun in the back closet. The owner was an ex cop, he was always armed. If there was a fight they would handcuff people and detain them until the Sherrif dept showed up. Sounds crazy by today's standard doesn't it. But this was going on up until not that long ago.
    You need to take a course to carry OC, WTF. in my state as long as you meet a certain criteria you don't even need to take a course to carry a concealed handgun, not saying that's a good thing.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rnc357 View Post
    You need to take a course to carry OC
    You need a course to carry just about anything as a guard. A lot of classes to be an "Armed" guard.
    You sure as **** can't get a concealed carry permit in San Diego County although that may have changed recently.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    I've seen bouncers carry spray, guns, folders, old school switchblades, kerambits, brass knuckles and tactical flash lights with both crenulated bezels and full blown spikes.
    As a bouncer and security officer in an equally dangerous area...this is irresponsible IMO. I have never needed weapons other than teamwork and communication to clear out even incidents involving dozens of participants.

The gear is indicative of someone looking for a fight, and in CA and CO, the melee and blades weapons will be a huge liability problem. I'd fire anyone who worked a shift with me with anything more than handcuffs and spray. With the proper certifications.

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rnc357 View Post
    I love California, I was in San Diego at the MCRD for my sons MC graduation this winter. But it truly is a differnt country compared to the rest of the US. I did not see one pickup with a open rifle rack or anyone carrying a handgun. I probably shouldn't be so cavalier about spray these days, but yeah we kind of are. You have never seen event security carry OC? Just shows how different it is where you live compared to where I live. As a matter a fact, I worked campground security for a concert last weekend. The promoter brought a lot of their own people with them and most were from The west coast. I thought it was odd that they weren't armed at all. They kind of freaked when the owner pulled up in his truck and they noticed he had two rifles in a roof rack.
    If you Project authority and work as a team, weapons are besides the point. Any situation I can think of where I would want a weapon to deal with it, is one I would leave to the police. That's what they get paid for.

Style
    dead lifting
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    If you Project authority and work as a team, weapons are besides the point. Any situation I can think of where I would want a weapon to deal with it, is one I would leave to the police. That's what they get paid for.
    Differn't places I guess. We are a small tourist town about 35 miles from a major city. We don't just call the police, we work with them and we definetly don't have the resources of a large city. The people I work for and the local police are not just people I work for or know, they are my freinds and neighbors. As far as carrying deadly weapons, they are a last resort when your life's in danger. Some bouncers carry guns here. I usually only carry when handling large amounts of cash or doing bank drops ect. Everyone here has their CCW. We have guys come in the bar carrying guns, perfectly legal if your not intoxicated.

Style
    講手
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    I disagree. My job is literally to take weapons from people and/or deny them entry if armed. I'm also a door man and a bouncer when those guys need back up. So pretty much every night I have a dispute with an armed patron over a weapon. What could possibly go wrong? Thus far, gang beatings, shootings, and knife fights. Even police don't guarantee safety. 300 people go berserk and a couple officers are going to take the time to save you specifically? I'll save myself, thank you.

Style
    講手
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Besides even if I show unarmed, I usually have a weapon by the end of the night. My weapons collection come from what I take from customers.

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    Besides even if I show unarmed, I usually have a weapon by the end of the night. My weapons collection come from what I take from customers.
    Mr. T and his gold chains comes to mind.
    If you have to regularly take weapons from customers as a non-LE security person,
    then I hope they are paying you six figures, and you are fully trained and equipped on their dime.
    There are many other ways to make a living than dancing with the devil without fair compensation or adequate support systems to do so.