Page 28 of 38 First ... 18242526272829303132 ... Last

Thread: Decking Hos

Style
    講手
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, to be honest, I was trolling in making the thread as profane and misogynistic as possible, with the punchline being presentation of real issues, but the idea that women could beat men I legitimately find absurd. I'm just not seeing it. Every night, some genius tries it, but it flat out fails.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    And what I am saying is, yeah, look at the entire spectrum of possibility, assign probabilities, think about risk versus reward, and allocate resources appropriately. Of course, for most people that is going to be semi-quantitative at best, although given a particular context (where you live, lifestyle, local laws about types of legal weapons, time for training, etc)., you could definitely look at available data to help.

For example, maybe our resident curly haired, doe-eyed half jew wants to check on whether he should spend more time on firearms training or make sure he locks up his bike and his apartment everytime he leaves to train.

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blogt...ng-violence-up

More specifically: http://www.portlandonline.com/police/crimestats/

Let's say our still has that new black belt smell Floridian wants to know where he can try out his new super powers.
    Viola ! http://www.tampagov.net/police/info/crime-statistics

Oh, and by the way, to get all anecdotal on you, my (former) chiropractor in New Orleans, all 5' nothing of her, was out jogging one morning early in Audubon Park, got jumped by a homeless guy, punched in the mouth a couple of times, and attempted robbery. She fought back, got away, and ran like hell.

She didn't need any facial reconstruction but her mouth and gums were seriously fucked up, and she was VERY traumatized for months and months.
    This is my favorite post ever.

Also holy **** Portland is safe. You guys barely shoot eachother up there. I guess job openings are hard to come by.
    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 5/17/2016 4:50pm at .

Style
    dead lifting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/me...ests-1.2670756

may have been posted already. I've always thought that a skilled woman grappler could hang with a unskilled man who was not very strong, sometimes. But when it comes to trading punches it's a whole differnt story.
    Last edited by rnc357; 5/17/2016 4:51pm at .

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And what I am saying is, yeah, look at the entire spectrum of possibility, assign probabilities, think about risk versus reward, and allocate resources appropriately. Of course, for most people that is going to be semi-quantitative at best, although given a particular context (where you live, lifestyle, local laws about types of legal weapons, time for training, etc)., you could definitely look at available data to help.

For example, maybe our resident curly haired, doe-eyed half jew wants to check on whether he should spend more time on firearms training or make sure he locks up his bike and his apartment everytime he leaves to train.

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blogt...ng-violence-up

More specifically: http://www.portlandonline.com/police/crimestats/

Let's say our still has that new black belt smell Floridian wants to know where he can try out his new super powers.
    Viola ! http://www.tampagov.net/police/info/crime-statistics

Oh, and by the way, to get all anecdotal on you, my (former) chiropractor in New Orleans, all 5' nothing of her, was out jogging one morning early in Audubon Park, got jumped by a homeless guy, punched in the mouth a couple of times, and attempted robbery. She fought back, got away, and ran like hell.

She didn't need any facial reconstruction but her mouth and gums were seriously fucked up, and she was VERY traumatized for months and months.
    Why not do both? Also, I shoot guns for fun. If I ever have to shoot because srs bsns, **** has gone so horribly wrong that I am likely already dead or will be soon.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    So, to be honest, I was trolling in making the thread as profane and misogynistic as possible, with the punchline being presentation of real issues, but the idea that women could beat men I legitimately find absurd. I'm just not seeing it. Every night, some genius tries it, but it flat out fails.
    That was your best effort at being profane and misogynistic ? Jeez...

It's not impossible for women to beat men, just on average much less likely.

Bigger, stronger, more aggressive men will usually beat smaller, less aggressive, men, so go figure.

Even among skilled fighters, the larger, stronger man (or woman) has a better chance of winning. It's why we have weight divisions in combat sports.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Why not do both? Also, I shoot guns for fun. If I ever have to shoot because srs bsns, **** has gone so horribly wrong that I am likely already dead or will be soon.
    Never meant you should not do both, or more.

Some of you guys are so black and white either or it's amazing...

Take a quantum approach to life, have a beer, and relax.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take a quantum approach to life, have a beer, and relax.
    Oh so funny in the context of his other thread
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rnc357 View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/me...ests-1.2670756

may have been posted already. I've always thought that a skilled woman grappler could hang with a unskilled man who was not very strong, sometimes. But when it comes to trading punches it's a whole differnt story.
    By the time my daughter is 19 she will likely be in the minority of women that will be able to maul most grown men. As long as she doesn't stop training she will be an Amazonian Bjj black belt that has been training since 6 years old.

My Fiancé (135 lbs) can beat smaller (120-155) untrained guys rather easily. Once they are around 200 lbs it's coin flip but she still often catches them. With strikes her average would go down because ....bigger,stronger and faster is the key to better strikes and she isn't bigger stronger or faster than a 200 lb man.

Heres the thing about hitting girls. You never know who they are related to.
    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 5/17/2016 5:17pm at .

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Oh so funny in the context of his other thread
    yeah, I just read that. Everybody but ghost55 have a beer...

All he needs is a psychotic break to go along with a pissed off ACOA girlfriend...

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    By the time my daughter is 19 she will likely be in the minority of women that will be able to maul most grown men. As long as she doesn't stop training she will be an Amazonian Bjj black belt that has been training since 6 years old.

My Fiancé (135 lbs) can beat smaller untrained rather easily. Once they are around 200 lbs it's coin flip but she still often catches them. With strikes her average would go down because ....bigger,stronger and faster is the key to better strikes and she isn't bigger stronger or faster than a 200 lb man.
    After your comments regarding ashishiatsu and asian women, that may change...

Page 28 of 38 First ... 18242526272829303132 ... Last