Page 10 of 38 First ... 6789101112131420 ... Last

Thread: Decking Hos

Style
    講手
    I've not seen a thing to suggest that Cyborg has noteable heel hook defense. The last two people to stop my attack were Tonon and Ryan. Everyone else dropped in seconds. I see no reason why Cyborg would be different.

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    This leaves the question as to what you should be teaching them to do.
    firearms training just like anyone else seriously interested in self defense.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    firearms training just like anyone else seriously interested in self defense.
    Says the guy who lives in a city where the gun laws are crazy.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Says the guy who lives in a city where the gun laws are crazy.
    the crazy laws here actually make me *more* aware of the problem of unarmed defense.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    Isshinryu
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    One of the most difficult skills in the martial arts is fighting women. The problem is that a woman just flat out CAN NOT win a fight against a man. Could Rousey beat your 120lb drunken untrained cousin Bob? Sure, but that's not the topic. For all intents and purposes, women CAN NOT beat men. Delusional self defense and martial arts instructors claiming otherwise is pure bullshido. What CAN women do? Fight hard enough and well enough to earn themselves a proper ass kicking and/or trigger a man's defensive response. This raises several important issues for the male martial artists in arranging his defense against aggressive females. The first issue is that no matter what you do, or what the circumstance is, you will have to fight the white knight, be it a bystander or the legal system. The second, is that should you be chivalrous yourself, you'll not wish to deal out assloads of damage. This is where things get interesting.

I've found that there are two types of women that will attack you, women that can fight, and women that can't. A woman that can't fight is safer for all parties. She'll deal only slap damage and can be easily restrained by grabbing the arms. This has the benefit of her not being able to hurt you and you not NEEDING to hurt her. The second type is a woman that can fight. They're dangerous in and of themselves, but they also draw out white knights due to the force needed to stop them. They like to attack first, attack without warning and attack in effective manners. They are dangerous. Like all women, they CAN NOT WIN. However, they can deal damage, and may deal enough damage, should they be left to their own devices, to hurt you.

I personally have witnessed a number of attacks in this manner. In one encounter, which was nearly fatal, a woman attacked a man from behind, choking him. He countered with a reverse headbutt. Yes Plasma, those work. She was, like the TMA guys promise, maimed. In another incident, a woman attacked a man with multiple blows to the head. He deflected them and began to counter when he was bum rushed by police. In another incident, a woman assaulted a manager and two security guards before being choked. Now, what would I suggest in terms of staying out of jail and remaining safe?

1. Never underestimate a woman's capacity for violence.

They should be on your radar just like men. This helps you to:

2. Shut them down proactively.

In Starship Troopers, there's a brilliant scene were the drill sargent is struck by a recruit. So they pull the sargent aside and ask him WTF the problem is. Why did he allow himself to be struck? Cause they might have to hang the recruit. When they act up, it can be tempting to treat them with kids gloves. Don't. Treat them aggressively. Let them know they can't win. Then they won't attack you.

3. Realize that women are MORE prone to violence.

They're not used to consequences. Men won't swing on you. Why? Cause they don't want to die. Women assume that men won't fight back. Makes them more likely to attack.

Anyways, that's my thoughts on dealing with violent women without going to jail. Shut it down early and aggressively. Let her know in your stance she can instigate a fight, but that she can't WIN a fight. Then you'll neither have to eat a blow or see a cell.
    9 times out of 10 she isnt as serious about it as a man would be. Id agree though that, for that 1 out of 10, presence and confidence (not to mention the golden rule) is key to keeping from having to be in that scenario where a violent bitch becomes the sobbing victim and your ass goes to jail and becomes some kind of super villain to the general public or... you get kneed all up in the face.

Style
    講手
    I just can't believe we had a ten page thread on "Decking Hos". I intended to call it "Decking Bitches" though, as a wise man told me once to never call no bitch no ho. That wouldn't get you past the profanity issue though which is bad for our SEO. Personally, I feel that "ho" has a sexual connotation whereas "bitch" represents any out of control female without passing judgement on her sexuality.

There are a lot of posters on this site that like to say that my posts are retarded, and if I had posted this particular thread I could only imagine the responses I would have received. Anyway my point is THIS is a retarded thread.

Style
    Jits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    There are a lot of posters on this site that like to say that my posts are retarded, and if I had posted this particular thread I could only imagine the responses I would have received. Anyway my point is THIS is a retarded thread.
    Well, you know this place is full of retarded liberals and hippies who do not want to be seen as bigoted racists.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    About ten years ago, I was skateboarding in the boardwalk at night, and a drunk-as-**** woman starts yelling at me and walking towards me while her girlfriends tried to convince her to stop and be cool. She started talking **** and I gave it right back. I was relaxed and thought it was funny; she seemed legit pissed off for some reason. I forget the words exchanged, but she starts coming at me agressively with fists up. I put on a kung fu clinic for show, throwing a bunch of point-sparrung style strikes that stop right before they hut their target, bullshit like slapping her hand down and backfisting over the top. Her friends collect her and apologize, and as she walks off, she threatens she'd "kimura my ass".

Pretty much all the female fights I've seen were a case of liquid courage made a woman think she was a badass. If a woman will only fight if she's drunk, her fighting style is at an even greater disadvantage against a man.

The last time I saw 2 women fight, it was 2 girls in miniskirts outside of a club trying to beat the **** out of each other while some guys stood in the middle to keep them apart. He ended up eating a bunch of strikes for his trouble, but little damage was done.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    I just realized what this is. This is just another version of "I don't need to train, when I get angry I turn into a fucking animal" and "I could never join the Army because I would punch a drill sergeant if he yelled at me" dipshit lines of reasoning you hear. It's the exact same line of retarded ass reasoning. A woman that can deadlift 300lbs and goes to Muay Thai three days a week is going to beat the **** out of some 130lb hipster beta male that never exercises. This entire thread is a monument to human retardation. Devil is just a fucking keyboard warrior, and I'm pretty sure that the acid has finally cooked The Villain's brain. Go home guys. We're done here.

Page 10 of 38 First ... 6789101112131420 ... Last