Page 29 of 51 First ... 1925262728293031323339 ... Last

Style
    Mixed
    Altered Carbon seems to have borrowed one of the premises of this classic bomb.

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Altered Carbon seems to have borrowed one of the premises of this classic bomb.

Oh I love that film. It’s terrible and brilliant all in one, it’s worth watching to see Jagger being the campest bounty hunter ever and Hopkins’ mullet.
    Ne Obliviscaris

Style
    Jits
    First 4 episodes of Altered Carbon watched. So far so good.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Well, I finally watched 8 Mile. Much disappoint. I was led to believe it would be a movie full of Epic Rap Battles in History. No such luck, I spent 90 minutes waiting to get to the only 3 rap battles that I've already watched on youtubz a billion times. Hey, Marshall, I don't care if your moms lives in a trailer and is fucking your high school bully. I want that piece of my life back. ****.

Everybody in bullshido.net, put your hands in the air like you've got a regret
    I said
    Everybody in bullshido.net, put your hands in the air like you've got a regret

This Slim Shady
    don't care your girl's no lady,
    and your mom's not Marsha Brady
    My rhymes will murder you
    like I was Delbert Grady

The spit you ****
    just really really sucks
    like the movie Mighty Ducks
    white boys can't rap!
    go back to the Klan of Ku Klux

8 Mile stole my smile, my yarmulke, and made me a gentile

Yeah, that's right, Marshall Mathers
    I can do off-beat ****
    just like that lubricant slick
    you rub up and down on your dick
    until it lathers

I want my time back, bitch
    I want money back, bitch
    Refund it through Netflix
    maybe they can
    put something on that matters

(repeat, and fade out)

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Russian Sci Fi from the 70's.

I was thinking about it earlier. There is some amazing stuff. I remembering reading a bunch of english translations of Russian SciFi short stories in various scifi mags in the mid 80s. Good propaganda it helped create warmer feelings for the Russian Federation towards the end-ish of the Cold War, I was already hooked on science and space.

I have two of my favorites up lined up Solaris 1972 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solaris_(1972_film) The 2002 version is ... James Cameron and Jon Landau, and starring George Clooney and Natascha McElhone... so ... watch that if you want ... I guess ... it is ...not bad but bad but the OG version is butter. Then I wanna watch Stalker https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalker_(1979_film) again. Not like in a row ... that would be like 7 hours of Long Format Russian Sci Fi. That isn't healthy. Break it up into one movie a viewing and use the intermissions cues.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Russian Sci Fi from the 70's.

I was thinking about it earlier. There is some amazing stuff. I remembering reading a bunch of english translations of Russian SciFi short stories in various scifi mags in the mid 80s. Good propaganda it helped create warmer feelings for the Russian Federation towards the end-ish of the Cold War, I was already hooked on science and space.

I have two of my favorites up lined up Solaris 1972 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solaris_(1972_film) The 2002 version is ... James Cameron and Jon Landau, and starring George Clooney and Natascha McElhone... so ... watch that if you want ... I guess ... it is ...not bad but bad but the OG version is butter. Then I wanna watch Stalker https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalker_(1979_film) again. Not like in a row ... that would be like 7 hours of Long Format Russian Sci Fi. That isn't healthy. Break it up into one movie a viewing and use the intermissions cues.
    The Solaris reboot was money, I thought. I have yet to see the original, because I'm lazy and wait for Netflix to do **** for me.

(edit) yes, I have the DVD, watch it at least once a year

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    The Solaris reboot was money, I thought. I have yet to see the original, because I'm lazy and wait for Netflix to do **** for me.

(edit) yes, I have the DVD, watch it at least once a year
    "It is good despite Cameron and Clooney" is how I usually introduce people to it. The OG is like 2001 had dirty threeway sex with Starwars and a goreless version of 1997's Cube ... It is beyond cool for 1972.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    I'd like to see a remake of Logan's Run. And THX-1138.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    "It is good despite Cameron and Clooney" is how I usually introduce people to it. The OG is like 2001 had dirty threeway sex with Starwars and a goreless version of 1997's Cube ... It is beyond cool for 1972.
    I think it is the only movie I've enjoyed Clooney in. Jeremy Davies, though, he totally owned that movie. I wish we'd see him in more stuff, but he's too often typecast. Bonus: his first feature film was called "Spanking the Monkey." I need to find that and watch it.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    He was ok in Sharknado.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Page 29 of 51 First ... 1925262728293031323339 ... Last