Page 2 of 2 First 12

Style
    Jujitsu Aikido Bodycombat
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    When Harold Howard first tried it in the UFC, it was nowhere near hitting his opponent, but I think the way he recovered was good.

http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/meth...howard-gif.gif
    I remember that. It even made it's way into the Tekken video game as a move for Paul Phoenix...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When Harold Howard first tried it in the UFC, it was nowhere near hitting his opponent, but I think the way he recovered was good.

His recovery was pretty smooth, but wow that kick was in a different time zone. I am a bit surprised his opponent didn't clock him though his hands were really low even on the recover. I never realized that Fred Simmons did MMA.

Style
    BJJ/Shidokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    It's a spinning heel kick where you throw your whole body into it. The way I've seen it practiced is by developing a solid spinning heel kick, and then doing the rolling version aimed at a pad over a crash mat. My understanding is that the aiming is the same, and only the timing and amount of commitment is different.
    This is how I practiced it. You have to have a good spinning heel kick first then you put a crash mat sorta off to the the side of your pad holder and go for broke. The kick itself is actually easier than it looks IMO. Landing it on a someone other than a pad holder not so easy. lol

Style
    HEMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Badass but probably a better technique to try in striking only competitions.

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Isn't that a rolling axe kick, not a wheel kick?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The timing of kick and power will make the difference and this video is somehow related to such things.

Page 2 of 2 First 12