Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last
    Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Another Mass Shooting

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...5th-this-year/

Okay so, what I found interesting is the chart they used. According to this blog there were 3555 mass shootings this year.

Here is the data source.

http://shootingtracker.com/wiki/Main_Page

If it went back through to the 60s or 70s I might buy it a bit more. Naw, that's a lie.

Oh well, time to pick up a few more to protect my rights.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    According to this blog there were 3555 mass shootings this year.
    *typo*

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...5th-this-year/

Okay so, what I found interesting is the chart they used. According to this blog there were 3555 mass shootings this year.

Here is the data source.

http://shootingtracker.com/wiki/Main_Page

If it went back through to the 60s or 70s I might buy it a bit more. Naw, that's a lie.

Oh well, time to pick up a few more to protect my rights.

So I took a peek into their database, which has web-links to the sources.

Although I think most folks think of something different than a home-robbery or 1 convicted felon shooting 3-4 other convicted felons in a mobile home, when they think of "mass shootings".
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    So I took a peek into their database, which has web-links to the sources.

Although I think most folks think of something different than a home-robbery or 1 convicted felon shooting 3-4 other convicted felons in a mobile home, when they think of "mass shootings".
    They consider 3 a mass shooting. That's the general consensus for when it's a mass shooting,3.
    I personally don't think it should be a "massive" shooting if a revolver didn't need to be reloaded and it hot chambers left.
    3,That's a partially full honda civic or a crowded motor cycle. If one of those ran into a brick wall would it be a mass car accident?
    My and my girl got in a little argument about this. She thinks three is a fair number to call it a mass shooting. Wikipedia agrees with her.

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R44126.pdf

Mass Murder with Firearms: Incidents and Victims, 1999-2013
    Congressional Research Service
    What Constitutes Mass Killings, Multiple Murder,
    Mass Murder, and Mass Shootings?
    In the wake of tragedy in 2012 in Newtown, CT, Congress defined “mass killings” to mean “3 or
    more killings in a single incident” (P.L. 112-265; January 14, 2013). That definition does not
    make reference to a weapon.

In the 1980s, the FBI established a system to classify multiple murder, mass murder, spree
    murder, and serial murder.
    These efforts were led by the FBI Behavioral Science Unit (BSU)
    and National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime (NCAVC).
    Both the BSU and NCAVC
    began documenting and studying multiple rapists and killers, as part of a wider process to
    research and analyze violent crime trends.
    According to several criminologists, some of whom
    are retired FBI Special Agents previously assigned to the BSU, crimes can be classified by type,
    style, and victim counts.
    Homicides, for example, have been traditionally classified by victim
    counts (or thresholds) as follows:
    A
    single homicide
    is one victim slain in one event.
    A
    double homicide
    is two victims slain, in one event, in one location.
    A
    triple homicide
    is three victims slain, in one event, in one location.
    A
    mass murder
    is four or more victims slain, in one event, in one location
    So, they changed the definition in 2012.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There seems to be a wide berth definition-wise.

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, they changed the definition in 2012.[/B]
    Maybe because the rise of obesity? Today's three victims amount the same mass of four victims of yore.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Maybe because the rise of obesity? Today's three victims amount the same mass of four victims of yore.
    a pound of flesh is still a pound of flesh... like a pound of feathers. You would just have more pounds to pay ...

As for the rewording of the law maybe it relates to budget cuts and security of certain areas somehow?

I mean 4.3 people would make sense for a nuclear family ... maybe it reflects the actual make up of the modern average family unit?

I bet aliens did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Short Fist Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have learned over the years not to get into a debate with my largely American Bullshido brothers about gun control issues. Guns don't kill people, people kill people, why should I give up my right to bear arms because of criminals etc etc..I need my guns to protect my family etc.
    But from a Canadian perspective, we watch the news up here and it seems as if almost every other day there is another one of these.
    It is very sad that it has become so commonplace.
    I hold to the opinion that if the US government had enacted stricter federal gun control laws during the prohibition era, and kept them in place, the gun violence issues in America may never have become what they are today.
    Does anybody agree with me ?
    Think about what I am arguing here..and imagine if during the Capone era when gangsters were tommy-gunning one another in droves, the FBI had not only been formed and cracked down on organized crime, but also successfully lobbied the federal government to enact strict gun control laws, similar to those we have in Canada, but not as strict as those in the UK.
    Would the face of American gun culture be markedly different than what we see today ?
    Or am I just a canuck with no clue ?
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    I have learned over the years not to get into a debate with my largely American Bullshido brothers about gun control issues....

--snip--
    Think about what I am arguing here.
    LOL.

I'll give you a very detailed answer later, but this **** is fucking hilarious.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last