--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Get out and take your peg leg with you

I have mixed feelings on this one, I can see both sides of the argument being right. The short version is a girl went to a water park and wanted to ride the water slide, when she got to the top of the stairs they told her she can't ride the slide because she has a prosthetic leg. Full article here: http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/21/us/okl...ark/index.html

i can't really see how it would have been a danger to anyone or their slide, but also people like to make lawsuits over any little thing so liability was also a concern.

What do you guys think should they have let her use the slide??

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    i can't really see how it would have been a danger to anyone or their slide, but also people like to make lawsuits over any little thing so liability was also a concern.
    I think the vast majority of the population don't understand, liability or fiduciary duty or anything else.
    I blame it largely on people thinking that people get away with frivolous lawsuits.
    The thing here is this didn't even come down to liability

Averie and her mom walked all the way back down to speak with the lead attendant, who told them the prosthetic could scratch their slides.
    also
    Like many water parks across the United States, regulations regarding loose articles and medical assistance devices are enforced to ensure the safety of each guest. Unfortunately, we can’t allow loose articles, swimwear with exposed metal ornamentation, casts, certain limb braces, or prosthetic devices on certain slides at Wild West Water Works.
    So it comes down to if the leg could have damaged the slide or not.
    If it could then oh well thats the brakes.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence