Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Punching through the target as taught in karate may make the punch weaker, since the strike is hitting closer than ideal.
    I suffered with these doughy full contact punches for ages thinking that if I push more I will hit harder.

I gave it up and am throwing rocks with about half the effort.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovvolf View Post
    Kicking with the foot is still a fairly damaging and effective strike. Specially to the face.

Yeah. Stupid point style flick kicks. That I laughed at untill I met some karate guys who could fight.

People don't take in to account that a foot is so much heavier than a hand you don't have to load them you just have to hit them right.

https://youtu.be/POoRfq18yS0

Style
    CQC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Fukin $200 for a D.D. tax stamp on each round IIRC.
    Doesn't apply to flares, chalk, CS, and 40mm buckshot iirc. 40mm buckshot rounds are reason enough to own one of you can source them. That's why you see the glowy types carry the pistol grip m203s with the 7in barrel sometimes. Apparently they really clear out a room.

Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Doesn't apply to flares, chalk, CS, and 40mm buckshot iirc. 40mm buckshot rounds are reason enough to own one of you can source them. That's why you see the glowy types carry the pistol grip m203s with the 7in barrel sometimes. Apparently they really clear out a room.
    I want a 40mm shotgun pistol! I want one now!

King of The Island of Misfit Toys supporting member
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Yeah. Stupid point style flick kicks. That I laughed at untill I met some karate guys who could fight.

People don't take in to account that a foot is so much heavier than a hand you don't have to load them you just have to hit them right.

when the tae kwon do demo team grows up and decides to kickbox and do muay thai you get some anthony pettis types.
    The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    40 mm buckshot round. Well, that's news to me.

Damn...that sounds almost like a shoulder-fired Claymore...

The flare is probably pretty impressive as well.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    40 mm buckshot round. Well, that's news to me.

Damn...that sounds almost like a shoulder-fired Claymore...

The flare is probably pretty impressive as well.
    Hell yeah, popping flares at dudes is no joke. You’re basically white phossing mother fuckers at close range.
    Ne Obliviscaris

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    Hell yeah, popping flares at dudes is no joke. You’re basically white phossing mother fuckers at close range.
    That is what I was thinking...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    MMA, BJJ, Kickboxing
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post

https://youtu.be/POoRfq18yS0
    Well the heads not all that durable so getting kicked on there is going to hurt like **** regardless. If you find using you foot easier and it's not piss weak then crack on. I've been to a few Thai schools that see this as sacrilege like but heh whatever works.

I don't mind using the foot for inside leg kicks too. It's not close to as damaging as the shin but it's an annoying and distracting twat that's quick to flick out.
    "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovvolf View Post
    Well the heads not all that durable so getting kicked on there is going to hurt like **** regardless. If you find using you foot easier and it's not piss weak then crack on. I've been to a few Thai schools that see this as sacrilege like but heh whatever works.

I don't mind using the foot for inside leg kicks too. It's not close to as damaging as the shin but it's an annoying and distracting twat that's quick to flick out.
    Everyone I spar turns their knee in for that kick. So I deep shin to protect the toesies.

There are a few karate schools turning out fighters these days. So it will start to happen more at a local level anyway.