Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
    Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jon Jones officially named suspect in hit-and-run accident

News Article Title
    Jon Jones officially named suspect in hit-and-run accident
    News Article Content
    [h=Albuquerque PD: UFC champ Jon Jones officially named suspect in hit-and-run accident]2[/h] By Marc Raimondi
    @marc_raimondi on Apr 26, 2015, 11:16p 30

Esther Lin, MMA Fighting

Tweet Share Pin

Jon Jones has been named the suspect in a hit-and-run car accident in Albuquerque, N.M., according to Albuquerque Police Department spokesman Simon Drobik.

A previous report stated that the woman whose car was hit Sunday morning was middle-aged, but she's actually in her 20s and pregnant, the Albuquerque PD stated in a press release Sunday night. The woman was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

Jones is still wanted for questioning. Police attempted to reach the UFC champion at his Albuquerque home Sunday, but could not get in touch with him, according to the release. The release also stated that the APD reached out to Jones' lawyer, but have not heard back.

"Yes, he is the suspect and we're hoping that he will contact us to give us his side of the story," Drobik told MMAFighting.com.
    The Albuquerque PD Department is asking Jones to reach out by calling (505) 242-2677.

[h=http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/26/8501655/albuquerque-pd-ufc-champ-jon-jones-officially-named-suspect-in-hit]3[/h]

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if he was coked at the time.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I wonder if he was coked at the time.
    Either that or drunk. Probably ran so he wouldn't get caught with **** in his system.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Either that or drunk. Probably ran so he wouldn't get caught with **** in his system.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Leaving the scene is a slap on the wrist compared to dui. Plus if it was drugs the athletic commission might get involved.

Style
    TKD, MT, KEMPO
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a quality individual, hitting and running on a pregnant woman. Oh well. Sport is going to have to do something to clean up it's image a bit. Still not as bad as football, I guess.
    "Coffee is for Closers" GlenGarry Glenross

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj View Post
    What a quality individual, hitting and running on a pregnant woman. Oh well. Sport is going to have to do something to clean up it's image a bit. Still not as bad as football, I guess.
    If he is actually guilty of this and was driving under the influence, I vote that the UFC strip him of his title, suspend him for two years, and have DC fight Rumble for the vacant belt.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Leaving the scene is a slap on the wrist compared to dui. Plus if it was drugs the athletic commission might get involved.
    Leaving the scene of an injury accident can be a Felony in Idaho...don't know New Mexico.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    If he is actually guilty of this and was driving under the influence, I vote that the UFC strip him of his title, suspend him for two years, and have DC fight Rumble for the vacant belt.
    And no more sex, either !
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj View Post
    Or boxing Jones hasn't pulled a Tyson yet......yet.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    And no more sex, either !
    This bullshit is going to follow me for at least a month isn't it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last