Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Also Cincinnati Coffee Convention tomorrow morning! Chance to meet and get some face time with new and old friends and green bean wholesalers and roasters and fellow coffee geeks.
    I lied. the Convention is Saturday, which means I have to roast more coffee for the morning ... like right now... to let it outgas over night or I will be making a slow pour over, which is just fucking annoying. I love doing them for customers but I want my french press it frees up like 6 long boring minutes (and makes 64ozs) of me standing there dribbling hot water over ever expanding and bubbly grounds for a single cup.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Dumping snow here most of the day. Got the day off tomorrow, so will be going hunting once I get the snow tires put on the truck.

Nothing like hunting deer in the snow with the boys. We need to shoot several deer to get caught up.

The meat pole is waiting...and now that it is cold, we can hang them and not worry about spoilage.

From a bit earlier in the year, LOL !

Gratuitous pig shot... Yeah, he eats while laying down...
    Last edited by BKR; 11/09/2017 7:37pm at . Reason: Internal Double Post
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kyokushin
    Today:

Took care of burnt pupper again. This time he was happy to see me. He even got excited! I'm gonna miss the little fella. Tomorrow is my last day with him.

Went to that cafe again. Got the crazy idea to hang out there for over 5 hours because my fiance worked nearby, and I figured we'd meet for dinner at a local pub, after.

Messaged my longest standing client, telling her I was better and wanted to know how many hours she wanted me to work tomorrow.

She told me she had become too dependent on having a cleaner (that is because I've been cleaning for her for two years) and needed reliable cleaners every week, and was hiring the housecleaning team that her neighbor had recently hired, and would "just have me in for special projects."

Gutted. Also, that's a major chunk of income I really needed, gone.

I feel like I can't seem to keep my guard up, and life is just punching me in the face over and over.

Posted about losing said client on FB, and a friend popped up and has hired me to come in once a month and stay at her place for three days, taking care of her dog, making sure she eats, doing some help around the house, that sort of thing. She is disabled and needs assistance while her husband is out of town. It'll make up for about a third of what I am losing. So that is something. It is also far from home, and I dearly hope that it will be a healthy situation for me down there.

Means I won't see my man for a solid week and some change this month. :( Also, no Christmas presents for my family this year. Glad I was at least able to get tickets to visit them.

Fighting the despair. Not easy. Surgery is looming in my mind.

The pub food kinda sucked, too.

Grateful, deeply grateful, for my friends, and especially my mate. He's keeping me hanging on. The man's a saint, I tell you.

I HATE asking anyone for money. Hated begging last year to keep my home, hated begging for vet bills. Hate asking him for financial help. We are a couple, a team, we're domestic partners. But his first wife saw his money as theirs, and her money as hers, and was always demanding his. I don't wanna be like that, ya know? I feel shitty that I'm not bringing in anywhere close to what he is, especially since what he brings in isn't nearly enough.

I had thought I'd be supporting my folks by now. Instead... broken.

But I'll keep trying. Tuesday I go meet the new monthly client's husband and their husky. 75 pounds of doggo floof.

Living at someone else's place while they are there for three days... eek. But it has to be better than taking care of a crazy cancer patient who attacks you, right?

And I'm grateful for the opportunity.

But man.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Pulling for you Eve. +varrot in support.

Style
    Kyokushin
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Pulling for you Eve. +varrot in support.
    Thanks Joejoe! <3

Feeling heartsick over the whole thing. I tell myself not not get attached, but I do.

There is , of course, a chance that the cleaning service she hires won't do enough of the extra stuff I do to keep her happy. We shall see. They do a good job at the other place, where they also replaced me.

But maybe I'll find some other type of gig to replace it. Something maybe easier on my body. Something happymaking.

Wish someone'd hire me to tame up a horse. I can gentle just about any kind of beastie.

Style
    Cardio
    Keep it going Ev. The more you try, you the more likely you'll be to catch a break and boy, do you deserve it.

Got a quite couple of days ahead then out for my sort of daughter-in-laws birthday Sunday. Got an AGM in a couple of weeks and I hate them. Hate bow ties and all that **** and all the other bullshit that comes with them. Wrangled my way out of the last two but had nothing ready for this one. Poopy poo bums.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Style
    Kyokushin
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    Keep it going Ev. The more you try, you the more likely you'll be to catch a break and boy, do you deserve it.

Got a quite couple of days ahead then out for my sort of daughter-in-laws birthday Sunday. Got an AGM in a couple of weeks and I hate them. Hate bow ties and all that **** and all the other bullshit that comes with them. Wrangled my way out of the last two but had nothing ready for this one. Poopy poo bums.
    Thanks, Cake.

Also, "poopy poo bums" made me laugh. For one moment, I was 12, instead of 120.

I wish I could sleep, but I'm out of pain meds and it feels like a piece of rebar is being pushed through my back and into my pelvis. Rusty rebar with sharp edges.

I hope I can catch a break. I'll keep reaching. Have to. Because... some reason. Stubborn I guess. But because. Because people I love would be hurt if I didn't keep fighting. Yeah.

Style
    Cardio
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    Thanks, Cake.

Also, "poopy poo bums" made me laugh. For one moment, I was 12, instead of 120.

I wish I could sleep, but I'm out of pain meds and it feels like a piece of rebar is being pushed through my back and into my pelvis. Rusty rebar with sharp edges.

I hope I can catch a break. I'll keep reaching. Have to. Because... some reason. Stubborn I guess. But because. Because people I love would be hurt if I didn't keep fighting. Yeah.
    I was undecided between poopy poo bums or willy dribbles. I chose wisely.

Just hang in there; can't rain all the time, right?
    Train hard, fight easy.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Look at all of you pretending you have something to do on a Friday night...
    SAD
    #MAGA #MASA
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    judo hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Look at all of you pretending you have something to do on a Friday night...
    SAD
    #MAGA #MASA
    Patiently waiting to pick up daughter from away football game. 1 1/2 hr drive time. The bus will probably stop somewhere for food.

May get to have a drink around the 11. Or midnight.

I hate POM.