1. #8131
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,790
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Made with love.
    God is love after all...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #8132
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,349
    Style
    judo hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Habanero is a bit too much for me!

    We still have a lot of nice ripe cayennes left not sure if we're going to make jelly or chop them up and dry them in the dehydrator.
    I don't cook with habanero but love the taste of jalapeño. Cayenne is good. Habanero leaves me looking for a snowcone the next day. It was for a fundraiser and we're all about supporting activities that keep the youth off the streets.

  3. #8133
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,349
    Style
    judo hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    So would most of you.

    I'm not even kidding.
    Naked and afraid!

  4. #8134
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,730
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Habanero is a bit too much for me!

    We still have a lot of nice ripe cayennes left not sure if we're going to make jelly or chop them up and dry them in the dehydrator.
    In many dishes I actually prefer Ghost Pepper over habanero. The Ghost Peppers are very consistent with the heat and the flavor while habanero can range from barely hot with great flavor to melt your face off and a vague taste of reheated shoe.

    Speaking of which ... it is date night with the girlfriend unit. Time to hit Kung Food Chu's AmerAsia this evening for some Legendary Kung Pow Chicken with ghost pepper. It ranks as a 7/10 on their heat scale. 8 is more ghost peppers. 9 is Scorpion and I think 10 is some new pepper straight from the bowels of hell and watered with the breast milk of succubus. I have not eaten anything over a 9. Habaneros are 4-6, 1-3 are jalapenos and hot oil is on everything. Oh god and the amazing drink list, something like 110+ beers and ciders. If I get the kung pow chicken at a 6 it might be too hot to eat, but a 7 is just a little too hot which is just right.

    https://www.facebook.com/KungFoodChu

    ...

    I don't wanna clean the workshop .

    ...

    damn it.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  5. #8135
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,790
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    In many dishes I actually prefer Ghost Pepper over habanero. The Ghost Peppers are very consistent with the heat and the flavor while habanero can range from barely hot with great flavor to melt your face off and a vague taste of reheated shoe.

    Speaking of which ... it is date night with the girlfriend unit. Time to hit Kung Food Chu's AmerAsia this evening for some Legendary Kung Pow Chicken with ghost pepper. It ranks as a 7/10 on their heat scale. 8 is more ghost peppers. 9 is Scorpion and I think 10 is some new pepper straight from the bowels of hell and watered with the breast milk of succubus. I have not eaten anything over a 9. Habaneros are 4-6, 1-3 are jalapenos and hot oil is on everything. Oh god and the amazing drink list, something like 110+ beers and ciders. If I get the kung pow chicken at a 6 it might be too hot to eat, but a 7 is just a little too hot which is just right.

    https://www.facebook.com/KungFoodChu

    ...

    I don't wanna clean the workshop .

    ...

    damn it.
    That sounds yummy I just can't eat that super-hot stuff anymore.

    Speaking of cleaning shops out my ex's ex boyfriend is supposed to be coming up sometime this week to get all of his stuff out of her shop.

    My kids are psyched because they want to get it cleaned out to have room for their own projects.

    Don't get me wrong he was cool dude kids really loved him heck I like guy lot myself.

    She does have a huge shop though it'll be nice for the boys to be able to get their stuff in there and do stuff this winter.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  6. #8136
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    14,442
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    3
    I made a sauce recently that's 50% jalapeno, 50% onion, roasted, then simmered, blended and simmered some more. Not one of those crazy ghost/scorpion/reaper tough guy sauces that are all the rage, but its great for throwing together a quick curry or stir fry. I've been adding it towards.the end of the cooking process.

  7. #8137
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,730
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I made a sauce recently that's 50% jalapeno, 50% onion, roasted, then simmered, blended and simmered some more. Not one of those crazy ghost/scorpion/reaper tough guy sauces that are all the rage, but its great for throwing together a quick curry or stir fry. I've been adding it towards.the end of the cooking process.
    Ghost peppers have the most awesome flavor tho, it doesn't have to melt your face off. That sounds like this chicken in green curry with coconut milk dish my buddy makes.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  8. #8138
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,790
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    In many dishes I actually prefer Ghost Pepper over habanero. The Ghost Peppers are very consistent with the heat and the flavor while habanero can range from barely hot with great flavor to melt your face off and a vague taste of reheated shoe.

    Speaking of which ... it is date night with the girlfriend unit. Time to hit Kung Food Chu's AmerAsia this evening for some Legendary Kung Pow Chicken with ghost pepper. It ranks as a 7/10 on their heat scale. 8 is more ghost peppers. 9 is Scorpion and I think 10 is some new pepper straight from the bowels of hell and watered with the breast milk of succubus. I have not eaten anything over a 9. Habaneros are 4-6, 1-3 are jalapenos and hot oil is on everything. Oh god and the amazing drink list, something like 110+ beers and ciders. If I get the kung pow chicken at a 6 it might be too hot to eat, but a 7 is just a little too hot which is just right.

    https://www.facebook.com/KungFoodChu

    ...

    I don't wanna clean the workshop .

    ...

    damn it.
    Hopefully you've got your pelvic thrust mojo back...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #8139
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,790
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I made a sauce recently that's 50% jalapeno, 50% onion, roasted, then simmered, blended and simmered some more. Not one of those crazy ghost/scorpion/reaper tough guy sauces that are all the rage, but its great for throwing together a quick curry or stir fry. I've been adding it towards.the end of the cooking process.
    That sounds delicious.

    My wife roasts c h lies and jars them with onion, in olive oil, with garlic. Great for cooking and relish.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  10. #8140
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,790
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    I'm waiting for Son Number 2 football game to start.

    Sat in the truck with son number one for a while drinking coffee and tea chatting about sports and life in general.

    His team has a lot of injuries. They barely beat the same team they're going to play today.

    Should be an interesting game. Due to all the injuries he figures he's going to play pretty much every down.

    I was like don't complain you want to play right?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in