Page 4 of 962 First 123456781454104504 ... Last
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    fountain valley
    Posts
    115
    Style
    shotokan karate, iaido

    haven't done much yet but this is what I will be doing

    Currently I am at work, I got here at 5:18am pst, I get to choose my schedule and I like being here early cause I like leaving early.

    Next I will go to toys r us and buy my son some toys for his bday tomorrow.

    Next I will go home and hit the gym for a few hours 5x5 status.

    Then I will go and watch better call saul or arrow...maybe both.

    And in between all of the above eat, restroom, and talk on the phone and or text.

  2. #32
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,174
    Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    My blood pressure is low, my cholesterol is low, all of those things that sometimes go along with obesity, I don't have.
    What I do have is serious health issues, some of which have the SYMPTOM of obesity, none of which are caused by it. And that's the problem. Not everyone who is fat is fat because of an unhealthy lifestyle. The huge social stigma that tries to present obesity as a character flaw often causes this to be overlooked- sometimes it is a symptom, not a cause.
    And some of my health issues and injuries were ignored to the point that they became chronic because of doctors who would only look at the shape of my body, and would not accept that it was not the cause, let alone that something else might have CAUSED it.
    For doctors I suspect it is mostly a numbers game. The number of people that have serious ailments that cause obesity are far outnumbered by people that have made themselves obese through poor life choices. 999/1000 the person could solve their health problems by losing weight. It's just that one person that has something like Hashimoto's.

  3. #33
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Vale of Shadows
    Posts
    12,079
    Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    What did you do day?
    Same thing I do ever day. Work.

  4. #34
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,193
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    My blood pressure is low, my cholesterol is low, all of those things that sometimes go along with obesity, I don't have.
    What I do have is serious health issues, some of which have the SYMPTOM of obesity, none of which are caused by it. And that's the problem. Not everyone who is fat is fat because of an unhealthy lifestyle. The huge social stigma that tries to present obesity as a character flaw often causes this to be overlooked- sometimes it is a symptom, not a cause.
    And some of my health issues and injuries were ignored to the point that they became chronic because of doctors who would only look at the shape of my body, and would not accept that it was not the cause, let alone that something else might have CAUSED it.
    So you are metabolically healthy but overweight then ?
    Are you really obese ? Or just overweight ? By what criteria ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #35
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,193
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    I went to Judo early on SAturday morning to help set up the room for our first annual Valentines Day Fundraiser. Decorations, putting out wine glasses, etc. Then my fiancee' and I went to the event that evening, and took money for drink tickets from 8:30 until about 12:30 Saturday I was pretty punked out.

    No matter, I was at the dojo at 10 am to co-teach a regional training session, ne waza in morning and tachi waza in afternoon. I was pretty out of it by 4 pm, LOL. Fortunately, I get Presidents Day off, so I've been recovering at home. Got off my butt at 11:30 and took my financee' to lunch, now I'm at Super 1 typing.

    Going to fix the redneck hot tub up in a few to see if I can get it to thermosiphon, then hopefully have a nice soak later this evening. I called the other instructor to get him to cover for me tonight at Judo.

    Oh, yeah, and groceries, gotta get groceries.

    Grilled venison for dinner, Evergrey...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  6. #36
    Evergrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond, California
    Posts
    2,063
    Style
    Kyokushin
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    So you are metabolically healthy but overweight then ?
    Are you really obese ? Or just overweight ? By what criteria ?
    I am morbidly obese, about 100 pounds heavier than I "should" be.

    My metabolism is fucked. Metabolic failure. Also very likely cushing's syndrome due to excessive cortisol production, thanks to a brain that developed all fucked up. Andddd they aren't sure what the hell else.

    On top of that, I have a genetic autoimmune disease that requires prednisone from time to time to stop my body for attacking and destroying itself. Permanent moonface, woohoo!

    I'm a fattie McFatFat for sure.

    Lots wrong with me, but a sedentary lifestyle and poor diet are not among those things.

    Today I cleaned my bedroom, which was quite a task and damned near required a backhoe. Went to a group dinner, where one of the other people was a dick to the waitress, on purpose.

    I hate douchecanoes like that.

    He was a dick to her about restaurant policy, too. At a Denny's. The waitress had no control over the policy and this guy who is twice my age was throwing a tantrum like a toddler, and even said he was purposefully making her unhappy because he was unhappy, after she left to go take care of other patrons.

    I'm poor as **** but I went out and slipped her a couple extra bucks and told her I was sorry she was treated that way, that she was doing a great job and didn't deserve that treatment, and that I really appreciated her hard work.

    Went for Thai with my fiancee. We've been together for 5 years.

    Yesterday I tried to crapple with a grappler, but he's been training in martial arts for 20 years, and he just pretzled me a lot and then gave me wet willies. Again. :p

    Then we watched The Hobbit.

  7. #37
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,784
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Oh today,
    Lets see the wife wanted to go to "Old Town"
    Wasted a bunch of time staring at very over priced vendor trash aimed at tourist.
    However did get to walk through the Whaley house http://www.whaleyhouse.org/
    Seeing chamber pots and a hand pumped well is always a good reminder I rather be brook in this century than rich in a previous one.
    Unfortantly the glass blowing place was closed and the gaming shop that had been their for 30+ years had gone out of business.
    Stopped and had wood fire pizza for dinner on the way home.
    All and all a needlessly expensive day but it wasn't too bad.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,332
    Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    I woke up.

  9. #39
    Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,202
    Style
    HEMA/FMA(Hiatus)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I woke up.
    This post had less street than I was expecting.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Slough
    Posts
    901
    Style
    Karate
    Unless you woke up on the street.....

Page 4 of 962 First 123456781454104504 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in