Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What did I do today? NICE TRY, NSA!

Style
    Kyokushin
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Today:
    Spied on permalost at my secret government job.

Style
    Kyokushin
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Today:
    Got up at 6:55am.
    Quick shower, packed bags, drove for half an hour, put gas in car, got a small biscuit with egg, cheese, and bacon.
    Drove an hour and a half to Pope Valley, a rare morning visit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a02.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	16622
    paid horse board, goodbye money, $10 left, woohoo!
    Wrestled with horse because he had a bad itch in his ear but would not let me put my finger IN said ear to examine it, instead choosing to try to use me as a scratching post.

Name:	a05.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	16623
    That's his pursed-lipped stubborn as **** freaked out "HELL NO YOU ARE NOT PUTTING YOUR DAMNED FINGER IN MY EAR" face. He's a gentle horse, except that one time he killed a while tail buck, and that time he beat up a Hanoverian stallion, but you don't wanna start a fight with him. He'll win. He survived horse tripping in charro, two tours of it, and meth addicts trying to starve him to death at their fake rescue to get sympathy money so they could shoot up more.
    So he gets to deal with an itchy ear. :p Possibly a tick. Poor old man. But I cannot win against 1,100 pounds of obstinate, tall muscle.
    BTW, ever seen a horse eye?

Name:	0a5.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	16624
    He has moon blindness. It's an autoimmune disease that messes with his pupils among other nasty things. He may eventually go blind, but for now his eyes just itch and run and he has to wear a fly mask because he is photosensitive, though it has to be taken off in the evening, and for checking on his face and stuff.
    No, my horse is not wearing a blindfold. This is not 50 Shades of Gelding and his safeword is two rear hooves to the face.

Saw crane style kung fu in action

Name:	a14.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	16625
    THROW DOWN YOU MAGNIFICENT BIG WHITE FLAPPY BASTARDS!

Saw a redwinged dudebrow catcalling.

Name:	a16.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	16626

"Hey baby bring them yoga pants over here and smile. BITCH WHY WON'T YOU SMILE FOR ME?"

Saw some bebehcaus

Name:	a11.jpg 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	16627

And some idyllic scenery that tricks people into moving to Pope Valley, not realizing that summer turns into a roasting often on fire hell-oven populated by billions of flies.

Name:	a15.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	16628

Name:	a01.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	16629

It's quite lovely until everything grows spines that embed themselves in your skin, ticks drop down from the trees into your hair, and you burn to death in a roaring inferno.

After making the drive back down south, I picked up my fiancee and a mutual friend, and headed over to attend a formal Japanese Tea Ceremony. This is an art, where every single movement and placement and word is exact, filled with protocol, and should be done just so. It sounds like a pain in the ass but it is actually incredibly soothing and a great exercise in mindful meditation. It's a nice contrast to the kumite the evening before, though, as I said in seiza, drinking amazingly lovely matcha and chewing on a mochi, I could swear to you that I could still feel my Shihan's foot stomping on my ass.
    Anyway, lovely tea ceremony. I am learning how to be a guest, currently, which will take a number of years, though I may also start learning how to be a host. The tea master has taken an interest in teaching me. He suggested I be first guest, which is an honor and put me at the top of the hierarchy of attendees, and he also slipped a beginner's manual in my hands as I left.
    Am considering adding "tea" to my list of styles.

Also, the tea master is in excellent shape, being a black belt in two styles of martial art, but he has two chins:

Name:	chins.jpg 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	16630

Mochi and Shogun.

I then went to have a bit of sushi, though I'm really poor and I had to pay in quarters, dimes, and nickles. Unagi hand roll and tamago nigiri.

Came home, watched "To Be Takei," which was a documentary on George Takei.

Also went hiking.

Contemplating lifting, but my knees are screaming at me, my back is screaming at me, my shoulder is screaming at me, my autoimmune disease is flaring up (my horse and I are autoimmune buddies I guess) and I have physical therapy and class tomorrow, so maybe sleep is a better idea.

This post was totes an excuse to show off a bit of photography. I love takin' photos.

Style
    Youn Wha Ryu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woke up
    Breakfast
    Trained
    Shower
    Went shooting
    Work graveyard shift
    repeat

Such is life

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got up early(11:00 am) so that I could go down and take the 1st Linux Plus exam.
    Passed it, but by a thinner margin than I would have liked but passed it none the less.
    The rest of the day will no doubt be me dicking around until I go on call for work at 6:00 pm they have a new auto dispatching system that has been an interesting experiment. Unfortunately for me that means less time being paid while chilling at home but hey it is what it is.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Style
    Kyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ate some home made korma curry.
    Got my head shrunk, drank tea, then when to physical therapy. They put a bunch of LEDs on my back and let them shine and create some slight warmth for 20 minutes, which supposedly does something for my circulation. Got a back massage, which helped my back a little bit. Swam for an hour.
    Went to the dojo, was sent to the gimp corner to do Sanchin kata while everybody else did a hard workout that my crippled ass couldn't handle. Then taught a young teen how to throw proper front kicks.
    Watched my non-disabled classmates spar. Got depressed. Went home.

Style
    Shoo Sheetzoo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is, for the record, 8:30 PM at the time of writing, and here's my day so far:

8:00 AM: Go to sleep from the night before.
    12:00 PM: Wake up, on account of sibling coming in to talk to me. Go back to sleep.
    2:00 PM: Wake up for real this time.
    2:30 PM: Eat a late lunch (or super-late breakfast, if you prefer), consisting of two open-face ham sammiches. Supplement with water.
    3:00 PM: Lurk Bullshido.
    3:10 PM: Try to remember what sibling said earlier.
    3:11 PM: Fail and give up.
    3:20 PM: Finally get around to watching the first and only released episode of "Heil, Honey, I'm Home" (which, for the uninitiated, is indeed a goofy sitcom about Adolf and Eva living together in their apartment and enduring the shenanigans of their annoying jewish neighbors). Giggle like a schoolgirl.

4:00 PM: Eat another sandwich, and listen to Chael Sonnen's podcast for the first time while grinding out levels on your rogue. Supplement with re-watching Yugioh the Abridged Series and not finding it quite as funny as you used to.

5:00 PM: Consider whether you should go train today or not.
    5:15 PM: End up going. It *is* no-gi day, after all.
    5:30 PM: Arrive fashionably early, before anyone else is even there and the gym is locked. Console yourself by listening to Joe Rogan's podcast in the meantime.
    5:45 PM: Get let in by the purple belt holding the class, and the other two people who decided to show up.
    6:00 PM: Get your **** pushed in by the scary wrestlery purple belt, and the female blue belt who nonetheless probably has 10-20 pounds of muscle on me. Do slightly better against the other white belt there, who I think is in my weight class (but whose forehead reaches up to my shoulder, and is thus way stronger than me).

7:30 PM: Talk some crap with the guys about podcasts, Eddie Bravo and tomorrow's upcoming seminar before leaving for the bus stop.
    8:20 PM: Get home. Pet cat. Put things into washing machine. Shower.

Left to do: Drink beer, watch Friday the 13th with sibling. Because of the date, you see. We're very clever like that.

You know, now that it's all written down I'm not sure if I feel better or worse about myself.

Style
    Pumping iron
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was high as a kite and kept calling my new stressball an orange. Says mom, I can't remember.

Also had my left shoulder operated.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    Ate some home made korma curry.
    Got my head shrunk, drank tea, then when to physical therapy. They put a bunch of LEDs on my back and let them shine and create some slight warmth for 20 minutes, which supposedly does something for my circulation.
    Seriously?
    What is the device called, if you don't mind sharing?

Page 2 of 914 First 1234561252102502 ... Last