Style
    Kyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Today I picked up some friends in Alameda, then we made our way through wine country to Pope Valley, where my rescued horse lives.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a9.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	16743

There, I found a Canadian goose nesting in an oak tree. She flew when I spotted her, so I snapped a shot of her nest, which I'm sure she returned to after I left.

Name:	a1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	16744

Then my horse stole my hat.

Name:	a17.jpg 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	16745

Came home, found my housemate in my bedroom with the kitten.
    He must have been weaned too early. He nurses on the blanket.

Name:	adonis1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	16746

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Had awesome joint-parent birthday party (10th) for my youngest son on Saturday. Morphed into backwoods neighborhood party complete with bonfire and middle-aged drunken hilarity as we swapped stories around the bonfire. Kids were inside playing Catan... now they experts...

Plus, he made out pretty well on the presents. Got enough cash I suggested he take his Mom out to dinner for her upcoming birthday.

My (now wife, formerly fiancee') and I took both sons fishing yesterday to Bass Lake (aptly named) in the boat we bought for a wedding present (before you all get to thinking I'm a rich judo coach, it's a 1982 vintage Sears aluminum boat with trolling motor). Looks about like this but with more dents...

Sol we got to trolling and within 2 minutes my oldest boy had hooked up and landed a 2-3 pound Largemouth Bass. We proceeded to catch a bunch of Yellow Perch too, and kept 3 of the bigger ones. Beautiful day, I was too busy to take photos though, LOL.

Went home and had a fish fry. Boys played more Catan while the wife refereed and I yelled at them to stop yelling at each other...the bargaining was getting pretty fierce. If that game teaches anything it's how to horse-trade.

Fish was uber-delicious, as the water is still cold...fried Perch fillets are scrumptious !
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    Today I picked up some friends in Alameda, then we made our way through wine country to Pope Valley, where my rescued horse lives.

Name:	a9.jpg 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	16743

There, I found a Canadian goose nesting in an oak tree. She flew when I spotted her, so I snapped a shot of her nest, which I'm sure she returned to after I left.

Name:	a1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	16744

Then my horse stole my hat.

Name:	a17.jpg 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	16745

Came home, found my housemate in my bedroom with the kitten.
    He must have been weaned too early. He nurses on the blanket.

Name:	adonis1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	16746
    Cute kitty, I love cats. Mine I rescued from a field after she had decided to take a ride under someone's truck. Got caught in the fan-belt and chewed up pretty badly. I took her to the vet thinking she would get put down, ended up with a $300 bill and a very grateful cat...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got up, did some paperwork for my health insurance. Yelled at the insurnce people a bit, and went t see Kingsman. I may have eaten kebab at some point too. Not a bad day, all things considered.

Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got a car insurance scam letter asking me for $2,000. I'm going to mail the envelope back full of spiders.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Got a car insurance scam letter asking me for $2,000. I'm going to mail the envelope back full of spiders.
    http://greatblogabout.com/7-legged-spider/
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    Kyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last night the kitten, Adonis, cried and cried about being locked in the bathroom, so I let him out.
    He was weaned too early, so he suckles on fuzzy blankets.
    All the blankets I use are fuzzy blankets.
    Did not get a whole ton of sleep last night, TBH.

Name:	adonis7.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	16747

Got up, drove to my Shihan's house, pulled weeds. So many weeds. I am wearing through the work gloves he put out for me to use. His garden is looking gorgeous though, and he planted some rose bushes in one part, and some sort of weeping cherry tree in his Zen garden. I love hanging out there. There's even a pond with a fake stream feeding into it. So peaceful.

Then I went to his auto shop and helped clean his retreat trailer. Really cool little trailer that has metal pipes that make a HUGE awning, and it even has a fold-down kitchen area on one side. Full of camping gear. I asked him why we don't do retreats any more- Kyokushin retreats are full of sparring in freezing cold water, like rivers or the ocean, running up stairs, kata, hiking, kihon, push-ups in the middle of the night, etc etc. Strangely fun if you are that kind of a masochist. He said "everyone but me is lazy, that's why!"

Going to try to sell the trailer.

He gave me a Star Trek command badge as a gift, after, heheh. I'm a giant nerd so I loved it.

And yep, I volunteered and nope, he isn't taking advantage of me. In fact, he has trained me for free for almost 5 years now, so I will take care of him however I can.

After that, I went to visit Bobby Lowe's old students at their awesome sushi bar.

This will probably be my last meal out for a long time.

Name:	sushi.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	16748

Mmmmmmm. I just ask them to make something for me. So far, they have delivered the best stuff!

Caught a squirrel taking a nap.

Name:	naptime.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	16750

Then I went home, took a very brief nap (with kitten) and then crated him up to take him to the vet.

This cat is such a chill cat. He's growling at my other kitten, but he didn't even care that he was riding in a car. At the clinic, he jumped up in the vet's lap. The vet fell in love, of course. Found a couple things that were cause for mild concern, but I knew this kitten had been very sick when I adopted him. I am hoping that is all over now.

I mean, it's hard to not fall in love with this little guy, even if he does have the stinkiest kitten farts ever, and gets my blankets all wet by suckling on them.

Name:	adonis6.jpg 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	16749

Pretty easy to weigh, too.

Now the kittens are growling at each other, and I am trying to decide what I will do for dinner.
    Last edited by Evergrey; 3/30/2015 9:46pm at .

Style
    Kyokushin
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PS poured a glass of "Viniq" which is a sparkly purple mix of vodka, moscato, and fruit juice. It looks like unicorn jizz. Feels like a unicorn kicked you in the head. It is 20% alcohol by volume. It is not a glass of wine. I poured a glass of wine worth of Viniq.

I am tatered, smashed, snookered, trashed, bombed, intoxicated, inebriated, under the influence.

Who has two thumbs, a mouth full of unicorn jizz, and is going to have a hangover in the dojo tomorrow?

THIS CHICK.

Oh god I am going to be hung over. I never drink. I never fucking drink. I am going to Shihan's auto shop in the morning. He will know. He will look at me and know and yell a lot just to laugh at me. Why did I drink this I am not 22 years old. Oh god.

*sip*

Oh god.

Name:	unicornjizz.jpg 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	16753

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gatorade is your friend.

Style
    Mixed
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're training hung over and don't puke, you're not training hard enough.