1. #1011
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,784
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Here is a shot that gives an idea... and yeah, that's me attempting a crappy Uchi Mata in randori.

    How big is the mat space?
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

  2. #1012
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,804
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    How big is the mat space?
    Not very... 8 or 9 meters by 10 or so meters.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  3. #1013
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,784
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Not very... 8 or 9 meters by 10 or so meters.
    Wait your saying your facility doesn't look like this?





    Man I am fucking spoiled.
    My whole Family could train their for $200/mo if I didn't get home till after 6
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

  4. #1014
    Ice Hole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,877
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Not very... 8 or 9 meters by 10 or so meters.
    Your decision to use the metric system has impressed me.

    Pushups...in groups of ten.

  5. #1015
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,804
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Wait your saying your facility doesn't look like this?





    Man I am fucking spoiled.
    My whole Family could train their for $200/mo if I didn't get home till after 6
    \

    No, we don't have that much space. The club is growing, though, and there is space to expand. It's not cheap though, even though we are a not for profit/charitable organization under British Columbia law. We need to get to the point that instructors can earn some money to there more than 2-3 days/week. It's a small community, so the population to draw from is somewhat limited.

    I'd like to get the padded walls, though. We have a list of new equipment to acquire, I should get on that and start ordering stuff soon.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  6. #1016
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,804
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Your decision to use the metric system has impressed me.

    Pushups...in groups of ten.
    I counted the tatami in the photo...they are 1 m x 2 m...I have other photos with better views.

    **** pushups, I've done enough of those to last a lifetime.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  7. #1017
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,438
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BC law?

  8. #1018
    Evergrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond, California
    Posts
    2,039
    Style
    Kyokushin
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yesterday:
    Got up, lowest weight so far. 45 pounds lost total since last October. Tiny progress, but still progress.
    Went over to Shihan's place, got in some training. Pad work, "sparring," (got my ass kicked big time is what that was, without him trying) and PT. Very, very sore today.
    Went to work, cleaned a house for an hour and a half.
    Went and had dinner with a bunch of friends.
    Came home, got in argument with cranky overworked fiancee.
    Resolved argument, mostly. He's super stressed and that bleeds out into other things in his life, like me. :/

    Today I am doing more debris-clearing, then going to class, then going to some focus group. It apparently has something to do with sex, lawl. And I guess tablets, computers, and smart phones. Maybe an app? I dunno. I'll get paid $75. And I will likely be entertained, hah!

    If I see this, though, I'm'ma jet out of there.

  9. #1019
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,804
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    BC law?
    Yes, the Creston Judo Club is in Creston, British Columbia. It is a not for profit "society" as they call them there.

    http://www.bcregistryservices.gov.bc...ppg/index.page
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  10. #1020
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,438
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Yes, the Creston Judo Club is in Creston, British Columbia. It is a not for profit "society" as they call them there.

    http://www.bcregistryservices.gov.bc...ppg/index.page


    Does that make you a Trans-Canuckian?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in