Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by kimjonghng View Post
    Not to me at least, but, in a non-disrespectful way I can see why they put her on a job involving convincing customers to buy a product. A few of the clients have asked me who the new girl is, followed up by 'she's hot.' A bit young for my taste like, but hey
    Well, now you know why she was hired...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing
    Finish the second latest History on Fire podcast and hopefully start the latest.
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Style
    cultural appropriation
    Covering a shift today before eskrima. Slept like a corpse after that run yestersday. Im also 86.4kg now. Gonna try and get down to about 84 by the time of my grading. My sensei has decided that since some of the knockdown guys are taking an interest in learning the traditional goju (we have split syllabus for them, one is very Kudo style and the other traditional, but both spar) Im going to be having more adults to play with. One hour moving basics, One hour kata, One hour fitness test, One hour sparring, ending on a push up test (I have to do 60 for 5th kyu). Knowing there's more adults to work with and that the seniors are just getting mma gloves and a mouth piece has me very excited. This will be my first grading in Karate in over a year.

Been feeling a bit shy of mojo lately with training, even though my coaches that Im PTing with are saying Im really coming on and my fitness and conditioning are improving constantly. Perhaps lack of competition of late has made me lose my edge? Gonna be fixing that soon, deep end style.

Possible new job coming outside of the current one. 35 hours flexi-time and 20k salary. Could theoretically do both and be at 25K if I got them both.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Family get together last night.
    Had smoked pork ribs, chicken, and home made bacon, grilled steaks, some great poke and a whole load of other goodies.
    Now I'm eating leftovers.

Style
    Kyokushin
    My car keeps dying. We replaced the spark plugs, fuel filter, and air filter, but ****.

Died in San Jose. Missed out on most of this week's income, worried my relationship with my clients will be damaged if this keeps up, due to unreliability.

2.5 hour tow back to Richmond. I couldn't leave it someplace in South San Jose. Just not sane. It was a 63 mile tow to the garage (good thing I have AAA Plus) and then ExBoss gave me a ride home from there.

Fought off suicidal ideations with the power of Ativan, but am pretty sure my immune system will go after my thighs with a vengeance for this. Severe stress always = body attacking itself.

****, man. Just ****. I thought I might finally be getting ahead. And my fiance did all that work on my car...

King of The Island of Misfit Toys supporting member
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    My car keeps dying. We replaced the spark plugs, fuel filter, and air filter, but ****.

Died in San Jose. Missed out on most of this week's income, worried my relationship with my clients will be damaged if this keeps up, due to unreliability.

2.5 hour tow back to Richmond. I couldn't leave it someplace in South San Jose. Just not sane. It was a 63 mile tow to the garage (good thing I have AAA Plus) and then ExBoss gave me a ride home from there.

Fought off suicidal ideations with the power of Ativan, but am pretty sure my immune system will go after my thighs with a vengeance for this. Severe stress always = body attacking itself.

****, man. Just ****. I thought I might finally be getting ahead. And my fiance did all that work on my car...
    Hope you feel better :-).

Auto and repair advice. Don't just replace things and hope for the best. Take measurements. Measure fuel pressure. Measure spark. Measure vacuum. Measure compression. Set/check timing. Check injectors.

If it's a 96 or newer it will have an odb2 port to read computer codes and errors. Auto parts stores will read the codes for you for free.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Watching Edmonton open on Judocanada. TV

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Watching Edmonton open on Judocanada. TV
    1 gold (4 ippon) and 1 bronze (2-2, 2 ippon) for the club today. Former student who is nationally ranked won gold as well.

One blue belt who had outstanding day in u18, 73 KG. Absolutely slammed two larger, older brown belts for ippon, one with Uchi Mata at about 15 seconds, one with incredible footsweep in 5 seconds. He was winning in semis and lost, mental error, but given his overall experience level, great performance, and massive improvement.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Drinking Bulleit Rye and eating Chili Dark (70%) Chocolate while looking for apricot/prune (or something simialr) curry or baharat recipes...got some venison out that will sub well for goat, plus a small piece of pork shoulder to add in for tomorrow night's dinner.

We bought a bunch of middle eastern spices and are experimenting.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    1 gold (4 ippon) and 1 bronze (2-2, 2 ippon) for the club today. Former student who is nationally ranked won gold as well.

One blue belt who had outstanding day in u18, 73 KG. Absolutely slammed two larger, older brown belts for ippon, one with Uchi Mata at about 15 seconds, one with incredible footsweep in 5 seconds. He was winning in semis and lost, mental error, but given his overall experience level, great performance, and massive improvement.
    Congrats!
    I kept an eye on it most the day. Some great Judo (surprise surprise... I know).
    Thanks for the heads up earlier.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre