Page 1 of 5 12345 Last
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Nazi Legos invading Xmas

So is it fascist to try to ban a fascist themed toy??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-42325455

It seems to me the attempt was probably geared toward a WW2 toy and not to blitzkrieg the toy market. After all what good are the allied Lego knock offs without a Nazi to fight. The thought of someone bitching that this toy might be under a Xmas tree I find especially hilarious.

Style
    what style?
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    The thought of someone bitching that this toy might be under a Xmas tree I find especially hilarious.
    That is because your not being culturally sensitive to the German making the fuss in the article; where a company is making toys he believes represent of the darkest and most horrible phases of his countries history.

Maybe next year they will come out with the Auschwitz play set and you can suprise the kids.

Leave the old man alone.

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking expensive ****. The PzKpfw VI Tiger costs 229 €

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For some strange reason Germany is really not into Nazism nor its symbolism and ideals. They were/are afraid of a social resurgence of the movements or the birth of Neo movements. The normalization of bigotry, racism and nationalism, they believe, leads to support of the those concepts, which leads to Politicians having those beliefs and then, they think, you will have people acting on those beliefs physically, legislatively and vocally.

Fucking crazy stuff.

I thought LEGO stayed away from real life military and war sets? I swear, that was like part of their mission statement or something. I will have to look into that later.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas Spirit View Post
    I thought LEGO stayed away from real life military and war sets? I swear, that was like part of their mission statement or something. I will have to look into that later.
    They used to make Wild West sets, which were basically 'Cowboys & Indians', complete with guns, cannons, etc.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considering other stuff you can buy this is kinda overdoing it, yes.

BUT, the BBC article is correct in pointing out that there are figures (if you cared to look at the petition: there are GESTAPO figures and Waffen-SS officer figures, too) that have symbols on them which are forbidden to use in Germany outside arts and education. The black and silver iron cross (the Bundeswehr uses other colours, but the same symbol; the symbol with these colours is problematic, too) used in the picture is on top of that.

Using those as a German company on what may be seen as toys for children is... let's say they did not think it through.

As a German, I can understand that it is problematic if you can buy stuff like that, produced by a German company, in Germany. I know there's stuff much worse in the US, but that does not make it any better.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    They used to make Wild West sets, which were basically 'Cowboys & Indians', complete with guns, cannons, etc.
    Oh yeah remember those. I guess you could argue that Allies and Nazis is just as in the mind and the modern zeitgeist of the world as Cowboys and Indians... even as culturally insensitive, but for different reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    So is it fascist to try to ban a fascist themed toy??https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-42325455It seems to me the attempt was probably geared toward a WW2 toy and not to blitzkrieg the toy market. After all what good are the allied Lego knock offs without a Nazi to fight. The thought of someone bitching that this toy might be under a Xmas tree I find especially hilarious.
    Bnet picked up on a key part of this story that seems to have eluded some others, here.

Style
    what style?
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutcracker, sweet View Post
    Bnet picked up on a key part of this story that seems to have eluded some others, here.
    What if people were producing a LEGO plantation collection in the US.

Complete with Black lego characters in tattered garments and a white character with a wip...

They are just to go along with the founding fathers set though.

I'm sure that wouldn't rile anyone up at all.. nope.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutcracker, sweet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lant3rn View Post
    What if people were producing a LEGO plantation collection in the US.

Complete with Black lego characters in tattered garments and a white character with a wip...

They are just to go along with the founding fathers set though.

I'm sure that wouldn't rile anyone up at all.. nope.
    Holy Jesus. I... Never mind. You have 2 days, so I forgive you.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last