Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Thread: Newb Intro

Style
    Between styles
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    Some day I plan to brew mead at home. I want to try "chead." Chai spices in mead. I think that would be amazeballs.
    Also chestnut mead. OMG that would be good.
    Lingonberry mead.
    Ginger mead.
    Maybe it's kind of standard, but I have yet ot havea mead better than cherry-vanilla. apple-cinnamon kicks ass too, it's like drinking apple pie.

Style
    Kyokushin
    Quote Originally Posted by Guird View Post
    Maybe it's kind of standard, but I have yet ot havea mead better than cherry-vanilla. apple-cinnamon kicks ass too, it's like drinking apple pie.
    I have not tried cherry-vanilla mead.

I need to fix this.

Speaking of cherry, I LOVE LOVE LOVE lambic! Ale that is brewed twice, the second time with a ton of fruit.

http://www.merchantduvin.com/images/...iek-lambic.png

Style
    Standup, Ground-fighting
    This thread became very interesting, and now I'm thirsty for mead. I did want to respond to this though:

Quote Originally Posted by FaerieGodfather View Post
    My intended role is in administration and curriculum design, which requires much less training to be qualified for.
    Please don't take this lightly, if you ever do this. Schools and teaching are complicated, difficult things. I don't think you can be a good administrator unless you have a clear perspective on just how easy it is to make a fucked up school, compared to how difficult it is to fix one.

I am also new here thanks admin

Style
    MMA BJJ TKD
    Quote Originally Posted by FaerieGodfather View Post
    Didn't see a thread for this, so I hope I'm doing it right.

My name's Viktyr. I've "studied" the martial arts all my life, but I've had very little real training-- something I am hoping to eventually rectify. I'm a writer, trying to write good martial arts fantasy featuring all of the stuff this site debunks and I want to do a good job of writing real action.

I'm an Asatru-- Norse pagan-- and I've got a bad habit of injecting it into every aspect of my life. I feel a religious obligation to be an effective fighter; I carry weapons most of the time and practice regularly, but I feel that my unarmed and close-quarters combative skills are sorely underdeveloped and I'd like to do something about it. My dream is to one day open a private religious school with a well-rounded curriculum featuring physical, academic, and spiritual development.

Because my physical condition sometimes forces me to rely on a cane, I have a particular interest in FMA; I've received some free PTK lessons and I'm fascinated, but there's no teacher where I live.

That's me in a nutshell. I don't imagine I'll be posting much, except to ask questions, and I'm hoping to learn a lot.
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Just curious- if you are dedicated to Asatru and feel a burning religious desire to be an effective fighter, why have you not sought out a martial arts instructor sooner? IF you have had an interest in martial arts for so long would you not have at least found a school that teaches unarmed combat even if you couldn't have found one that teaches weaponry?

Style
    Boxing/Muay Thai
    Quote Originally Posted by gold_ax666 View Post
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Just curious- if you are dedicated to Asatru and feel a burning religious desire to be an effective fighter, why have you not sought out a martial arts instructor sooner? IF you have had an interest in martial arts for so long would you not have at least found a school that teaches unarmed combat even if you couldn't have found one that teaches weaponry?
    Last few years, it's been a matter of finances-- I'm disabled and I've been fighting with the government for my benefits. Before that, I was just lax; there's been a number of things recently that have caused me to rethink my priorities in life, such as becoming more active in my faith and trying to figure out what to do with myself since I can't work.

Style
    Boxing/Muay Thai
    As an update... I've moved to Laramie, and I've found an excellent boxing/kickboxing instructor. The lessons are kicking my ass right now, but I have faith things will improve as my physical conditioning improves.

hi

nice to meet you im new too

Style
    Boxing/Muay Thai
    Well, another fucking update. I'm currently out of training because my arthritis flared up again.

No can walk, no can fight.

At least diagnostics on the arthritis uncovered my diabeetus before I was insulin dependent.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    That's a pretty seriously mixed bag.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Page 4 of 4 First 1234