Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    Weight Training
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC Champion Jon Jones Tests Positive, Checks Into Rehab

UFC Champion Jon Jones Tests Positive for Cocaine Metabolites, Checks Into Rehab

Jon Jones' taunt post-bell at UFC 182

Jon Jones' positive result comes from a test on Dec. 4, 2014. He tested positive for benzoylecgonine, the main metabolite in cocaine.

Jones released a statement to Yahoo Sports through his attorney acknowledging his problem.

"With the support of my family, I have entered into a drug treatment facility. I want to apologize to my fiancée, my children, as well as my mother, father, and brothers for the mistake that I made. I also want to apologize to the UFC, my coaches, my sponsors and equally important to my fans. I am taking this treatment program very seriously. Therefore, at this time my family and I would appreciate privacy."

STATEMENT FROM THE UFC:

“We support UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones’ decision to enter a drug treatment facility to address his recent issue. While we are disappointed in the failed test, we applaud him for making this decision to enter a drug treatment facility. Jon is a strong, courageous fighter inside the Octagon, and we expect him to fight this issue with the same poise and diligence. We commend him on his decision, and look forward to him emerging from this program a better man as a result.”

STATEMENT FROM DANA WHITE, UFC PRESIDENT

“I am proud of Jon Jones for making the decision to enter a drug treatment facility. I’m confident that he’ll emerge from this program like the champion he truly is.”

According to Wikipedia Jon Jones is "Jones is a professed Christian, and has "Philippians 4:13" tattooed on the right side of his chest."
    What do you guys think?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did he use it as a performance enhancer while fighting ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Judo, Wrestling, TKD
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wishing only the best for Jon, hoping he gets by this and moves on.

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Did he use it as a performance enhancer while fighting ?
    No, it's from a random test earlier in December. His fight test was clean apparently.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    BSL; Sanda; Kendo; Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I was wishing for another match between Cormier and him. It's a pity.

I read that, after learning about it, Cormier wished him well:

"I am aware of Jon's test, and if there is anything to say it is this: there are a lot of people you impact, so please let's get it together. Good luck on your rehab!"
    Found it here: http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/6/...ve-for-cocaine

Style
    Shoo Sheetzoo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/daniel-...-than-anything

DC's response to the incident, being much more mature about the situation than he could've been. Here's a guy that may actually be a decent person.

Style
    Shoo Sheetzoo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadzu View Post
    http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/daniel-...-than-anything

DC's response to the incident, being much more mature about the situation than he could've been. Here's a guy that may actually be a decent person.
    Damn it, got beaten to the punch!

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can drug tests distinguish between different types of cocaine? Because I so want the UFC LHW champ to be a crackhead. Please, please let him be a crackhead.

"You know, Joe Rogan, this is not the first time I've tasted penis. I've had several! In my line of work, you taste penises all the time!"
    Last edited by Devil; 1/06/2015 10:39pm at .

Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coke only stays in your system for @ 72 hours. Pretty easy to clean up before a scheduled test.

This also means that he likely parties regularly as a randomly timed test just happened to fall within at least a day or two of his most recent bump.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this grounds for stripping him of his title? Not that it would actually HAPPEN to somebody of Jones' stature, but would it be justified?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last