Page 6 of 24 First ... 234567891016 ... Last

Thread: Paper Tigers

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Why, are you afraid to challenge him yourself?

He has chapters devoted to your type: the toady.
    I am but a humble student that this point. A small, humble student that probably weighs less then this guy's wife and is currently recovering from surgery.

Style
    Shotokan
    No your YT comment was wrong, he's not claiming lineage to Lau Fat Mang. He's who died in 1964. He was an Eagle Claw master.

Allan's lineage is described here. His Hung ga master was Lau Sai Fat.

http://naamkyun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1610
    Would have been nice if he said that; then again, that post you put up is the only reference I can find concerning Lau Sai Fat.

Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    eg "You can perform a technique but can't explain the meaning behind it"
    ****. What if the meaning is simply "Kicks to the face hurt"?

I think our Paper Tiger is over thinking the finer points of manipulating an opponents nervous system.

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    Would have been nice if he said that; then again, that post you put up is the only reference I can find concerning Lau Sai Fat.
    Hung ga is not limited to the big name schools and lineages there have been countless "back alley" kwoons, not to mention that was decades ago and he's since moved on to associate with more commercialized instructors (Yang Jwing Ming) and other styles. However the kwoon he claims Hung ga lineage to is heavily associated with the Chinese Tongs (Hip Sing).

There is no need to even argue lineage because most of what he writes or says in his videos is ripe for...proofreading and critical dissection. He needs to hire a REAL editor (call me), and maybe empty his own overflowing cup.

Honestly his book is really funny at times I can't tell if he's really being extreme or parodying it ie Poe's Law, which is why I read it on the toilet in the morning, which is my favorite time of the day.

He has an essay called "Stephanie Segal" where he makes fun of Steven Seagal and for some reason either intentionally or accidentally misspells his name through the entire thing.

Like I said he leaves no one unscathed so to some degree his book makes fun of both ridiculous elements of TMA, ie "they're doing it wrong" but also pokes fun at UFC/MMA with a sort of holier-than-thou rhetoric and dismissal of "brawlers".
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/26/2014 12:35am at .

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Oh, he's busy talking to you fucks. You make it so hard to verbally bitch **** somebody, especially you Ghost55.

**** you.

Style
    Mixed
    Allan should post here and tell us more about how he got his start with kung fu from the criminal underworld of Philadelphia. There's probably a good story there..

If he won't "come out of retirement" the least he can do is sit on his retired ass and repeat what's in his book here on Bullshido (the passages I've cited are just the surface).

I guarantee you'll agree with 65% of what he says, but the other 35% could feed the hive for seasons to come.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    **** him. I've been retired for 10 years now I'd still "cross hands" with his sorry ass.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Have I ever shared my second (actually first if you want a solid location because I used to teach at parks and other gyms) "dojo"/kwoon challenge?

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    He deletes all the things again. This man has no testicles. I wonder what he's like in person.

Style
    Krotty/Crapple/Goonery
    And he deleted the entire comment thread. Apparently the values instilled by his training included being a cowardly bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Have I ever shared my second (actually first if you want a solid location because I used to teach at parks and other gyms) "dojo"/kwoon challenge?
    I'm not sure, but I'd like to hear the story either way.

Page 6 of 24 First ... 234567891016 ... Last