Page 5 of 24 First 12345678915 ... Last

Thread: Paper Tigers

Style
    Mixed
    Ibid, pg. 400

On "The Wizard of Fu" a piece about training for a few years in a "Shaolin Kung Fu school" with a "colored belt system" and "personalized training manuals":

One must consider that if he or she is new to martial arts, or has no one else to compare their teacher to, then they most likely would not become aware of the fact that the teacher might be poorly skilled
    OK.

Since he (a head instructor) practices in private and creates the illusion that he is superior, his students will never be given the chance to consider that he may have any bad habits at all. Not that they would anyway, but still, not knowing really sucks for them"
    OK.

It is only fair to warn all the Dorothy's, Tin Mans, Lions, and Scarecrows out there that the person behind the curtain may not be who he or she appears to be".
    That goes of course for authors too.

That is the summary of the last essay.

He goes on to list 52 reasons "You're a Paper Tiger If"...a lot of these are funny and very Bullshido, but a few stand out as weird. He makes fun of belt mills, flowery kata, 1-year black belts, ninjas, Shaolin monks, MMA, but then makes fun of competition, cross-training..."Sportistism" whatever.

eg "You think that local martial arts tournaments are legitimate proving grounds"

eg "You believe incorporating techniques from other styles will elevate your skills"

eg "You can perform a technique but can't explain the meaning behind it"

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Oh ****, the guy actually pulled the "I've been in more fights" bullshit with me. Wrong guy to do that with.
    Ibid, pg. 51,

On "Cirque Du Martialeil" a piece on UFC/MMA (including an inference to UFC/MMA being a rube inbred family reunion phenomenon) where he considers UFC/MMA to be "early Neanderthal behavior rather than martial arts":

it amazes me to no finish how a spectator can come to the ill-gotten conclusion that a fighter who utilizes mouthy-ness, brute-based physical behavior, and a false perception of meanness as a replacement for actual skill, and/or knowledge of such, is somehow viewed as a world-class martial artist
    He goes on insult all of Northeastern Pennsylvania and its "ignorant coalminer mentalities". He just lost me there.

**** you on that one, Allan, in case you're reading this.

Continuing, pg. 52

I've been best friends with authentic martial arts for longer than most cage fighters have been alive, and as per actual fighting, I've seen, and been in, more than the number of fights than any mixed martial artist will likely take part in during the entire length of his career. Most of such fights, by the way, were better, shoter, and much more exciting than most I have witnessed via the MMA, UFC, or any other forms of combat carrying the surname "reality". Granted, there are some good brawlers in these arenas, but that's all they are. They are not martial artists.
    Tomorrow: "Martial Meatheads".
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/25/2014 10:57pm at .

Style
    Shotokan
    He's stated his lineage on the 'Partial Arts' vid and at least some of it is pure BS.

I think this guy is just another TMA that is in love with his own sense of 'specialness' and would actually **** a brick if he got into a real fight with a competent practitioner or 'sportist' as he likes to call them.

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    He's stated his lineage on the 'Partial Arts' vid and at least some of it is pure BS.

I think this guy is just another TMA that is in love with his own sense of 'specialness' and would actually **** a brick if he got into a real fight with a competent practitioner or 'sportist' as he likes to call them.
    No your YT comment was wrong, he's not claiming lineage to Lau Fat Mang. He's who died in 1964. He was an Eagle Claw master.

Allan's lineage is described here. His Hung ga master was Lau Sai Fat.

http://naamkyun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1610
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/25/2014 11:32pm at .

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Someone just deleted all of Omega's comments on his video. That's one fast dick tuck!

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Oh god, his response is hilarious. I'm so ashamed I think I'd actually turn in my kung-fu card if he wins this discussion.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    If you don't beat the **** out of him I am going to be very disappointed.

Style
    Mixed
    Stick to his opinions, not his lineage, imho.

Style
    Mixed
    double post...
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/25/2014 11:40pm at .

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    If you don't beat the **** out of him I am going to be very disappointed.
    Why, are you afraid to challenge him yourself?

He has chapters devoted to your type: the toady.

Page 5 of 24 First 12345678915 ... Last