Page 2 of 15 First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: Derek Smith?

  1. #11
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,231
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Smith View Post
    WHat conflict with which members? I am simply answering the questions that were asked. I wish no conflict. You make a blanket statement of me coming off as bullshit when all you have to do is look, which you obviously have not, which actually demonstrates YOUR ignorance and bullshit. But that is typical here. I am not new. I was on this site many years ago. I just could not find my old account info...but nothing has changed. Please tell me what have YOU done in YOUR life???
    I would argue that my experiences have given me much more experience and exposure than the typical bullshido member.
    ...
    Many people judge me while they sit on their couches and do nothing but criticize.
    ...
    But that is typical here. I am not new. I was on this site many years ago. I just could not find my old account info...but nothing has changed. Please tell me what have YOU done in YOUR life???
    Plus the entire tone of your post kinda makes
    I wish no conflict.
    ... kinda disingenuous.


    I was responding in kind and as directly as I could.

    You are coming off as completely full of ****. I didn't say you were and neither did anyone else. As a matter of fact some of your info has supposedly already been verified by posters in the past, in this very thread.

    As for what have I accomplished in life?
    I don't live an interesting life.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    2,187
    Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Smith View Post
    WHat conflict with which members? I am simply answering the questions that were asked. I wish no conflict. You make a blanket statement of me coming off as bullshit when all you have to do is look, which you obviously have not, which actually demonstrates YOUR ignorance and bullshit. But that is typical here. I am not new. I was on this site many years ago. I just could not find my old account info...but nothing has changed. Please tell me what have YOU done in YOUR life??? Also, there was NO agression in my statement...but then again...you do describe yourself as functionally illiterate. As a matter of fact....I never discussed membership...
    Mr. Smith, aside from posting factual corrections as a service why would you care what anybody on this site said or how they said it...?

    Good luck with your real estate career and thank you for your military service.

  3. #13
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,231
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Derek,
    I cannot find your old account using the Mod tools available which, by no means, means it didn't exist. I just can't find it for you.
    I am personally very interested in some of the things you have done and probly not why you think. I enjoyed my time in Hapkido and share a number of interests.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  4. #14
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,784
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    and thank you for your military service.
    I think I want to see a DD214 before I thank this guy for his "service" .

    If I where not on a ship right now with only so-so satellite internet I would be interested in reaching out to the stolen valor guys.
    Last edited by goodlun; 7/14/2017 3:02pm at .
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

  5. #15
    Kovacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,273
    Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I think I want to see a DD214 before I thank this guy for his "service" .

    If I where not on a ship right now with only so-so satellite internet I would be interested in reaching out to the stolen valor guys.
    I believe him, reference here:

    http://derekallensmith.net/index.html?m

    Derek: I don't doubt your service but the whole 'bone crunching' sales pitch in the original link is pretty cringy and doesn't really hold water on a site like this where RBSD and combatives generally don't go down well. I hope you stick around though as your knowledge in IT and Cyber crime could be an asset.
    Ne Obliviscaris

  6. #16
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,784
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    I love cybersecurity experts that can't be bothered to have their own websites SSL certs properly set up:
    NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

  7. #17
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,784
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    6
    Also who leaves their personal address can be found through a who is look up on their website
    I won't post it here, but this guys cyber security credentials are paper tigers at best.

    The @aol.com e-mail is also a nice touch.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    541
    Style
    Judo
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Also who leaves their personal address can be found through a who is look up on their website
    I won't post it here, but this guys cyber security credentials are paper tigers at best.

    The @aol.com e-mail is also a nice touch.
    Having endured countless Microsoft Certified Whatthefuckevers who were incapable of mapping a network drive, Cisco Certified Whothefucks who can't identify an asymmetric routing issue, credentialed DBAs who aren't able to set up their own ODBC connections to the very databases they are responsible for, and the endless stream of I.T. "experts" in the news who make it painfully obvious as soon as they start to speak that they need to focus their career sights on media appearances, because their knowledge and expertise will never be sufficient for them to succeed in the field of technology, I am not easily impressed with tech resumes.

    Syn, ack, syn-ack, DDOS, DNS poisoning, syn-ack, tcp, udp, ip spoofing, Honeypot, black hole route, icmp, sniff, port mirror, packet capture, spoofing, phishing, Kali, social engineering, wtf, lol, STFU....

    Even if Mr. Smith is legitimately competent in the field of information security (he may be, and to be quite honest I really don't care enough one way or the other to find out), throwing out an I.T. resume only seems to serve the purpose of obfuscating whether or not he is qualified to instruct martial arts.

    I am withholding judgement on the former, and after reviewing http://www.fightfast.com, and http://www.specialagentcombativesystems.com, i am skeptical of the latter.
    Last edited by GrouchyOldMan; 7/14/2017 6:59pm at . Reason: I talk too much

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    489
    Style
    what style?
    Combat Hapkido is just quackery, and he hasn't managed to sell himself well as an IT expert, but that's the only crap i can see from looking.

  10. #20
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,784
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
    Having endured countless Microsoft Certified Whatthefuckevers who were incapable of mapping a network drive, Cisco Certified Whothefucks who can't identify an asymmetric routing issue, credentialed DBAs who aren't able to set up their own ODBC connections to the very databases they are responsible for, and the endless stream of I.T. "experts" in the news who make it painfully obvious as soon as they start to speak that they need to focus their career sights on media appearances, because their knowledge and expertise will never be sufficient for them to succeed in the field of technology, I am not easily impressed with tech resumes.

    Syn, ack, syn-ack, DDOS, DNS f, syn-ack,
    Yeah I do not envy those that have to hire for IT work.
    I can't tell you how many awful IT interviews I have had with IT managers that also don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. How many times I have been on the other side of the table listening to people just spew as much jargon as they can at me while completely missing the point of things.
    Especially when it comes to networks, people that don't really know the differences between the layers and try to go all layer 3 and up for simple layer 2 issues.
    One thing is for sure this guy may or may not have earned his said credentials but he has made one very easy to spot technical error and one fairly easy to spot administrative error. Both show a complete lack of real world experience.
    The administrative error is particularly troubling as its a pretty big error for someone with his "intelligence" background.

    Sigh oh well.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Page 2 of 15 First 12345612 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in