Page 2 of 2 First 12

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Note to Dan: When a post is edited on Bullshido, a little note goes at the bottom indicating who edited it and when. I'll amend this post tomorrow morning to leave such a notice by way of demonstration. You'll find your posts are untouched in this way.

Your lies are becoming less and less convincing.

Hey I edited this post at a later date!
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 7/31/2014 6:58pm at .

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://ewingchun.com/wing-chun-dan-h...ontact-matches

"A chinese style invented hundreds of years ago by a Buddhist nun. " Adorable.

"Intestinal fortitude will always triumph over experience and technique. " Arguable.

Wing Chun - Dan Horgan to fight martial arts masters in full-contact matches

Posted by Anonymous on Oct 12, 2011 ShareThisAlmost everyone will think it's naive and foolish to fight masters of proven fighting systems after only six months of training, but I honestly don't care. Intestinal fortitude will always triumph over experience and technique. For the past six months, I have been absorbing everything I possibly can about Wing Chun - a Chinese style of kung fu founded hundreds of years ago by a Bhuddist nun. Now, I'm going from martials arts gym to martials arts gym to fight masters of various fighting arts in full-contact matches - and I'm documenting every moment through a new video blog. Keep checking back for updates!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you look at IIF's post at #1501 I just edited it. See my name and the time stamp of the edit. While I do not have to provide a reason for the edit, the edit will not go through without my name and the date showing up. It's a V Bulletin feature.

In conclusion Danny is full of it.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was the cameraman, Arbeiter coached both sides, there were no other Bullies present, but Dan's father, and a friend who's name I can't remember came along with Dan. It bears repeating that when Bobby could not start the second round after reinjuring his rib, Arbeiter offered Dan his choice of anybody in the gym to continue. There was a sparring class in progress, so he had 20-30 students to pick from, down to maybe about 140 walking weight. He opted not to continue.

He was open to me about posting on BS prior to the Throwdown. He also seemed OK in person, completely removed from the character he represents himself as on the Internet.

Incidentally, given that all parties present consented, that video is my IP, and I will not dispose of it. It will be available forever.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, let's make a note, Bobby constantly corrected posters it was not a fight it was sparring.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    This coming Saturday, and it's just sparring, not fighting.
    Now, myself and others informed him Dan Horgan aka Daniel Horgan AKA Danny Horgan was untrustworthy. My comment to anyone accepting, as a staff member, is posted in post #8.

Also, interestingly, why did two of the people in his Chun Blast video mysteriously show up to post? Mr. Izzo is an Instructor who was in Dan Horgan AKA Daniel Horgan aka Danny Horgan's first video of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by IwcCombat.com View Post
    Maybe somebody can explain this to me, because heck, with only a master's degree, a doctoral degree and 36 years of fighting experience starting with grappling I am just not getting it.
    Why does any intelligent person try to compare competitive fighting with combat fighting?
    It's like comparing a SWAT team (Mr. Silva) and a SEAL team. They have essentially the same equipment but very different rule sets. The SWAT guys have all the domestic legal b.s. rules they have to go thru before maybe eventually pulling the trigger. The Spec Ops guys put one in the head and two in the chest and move on to the next target.
    Only an idiot would try to say they were the same. Anyone familiar with fighting knows that when the situation is full-speed and under pressure, you perform according to reflex the way you train. If you train to follow the rules of competition fighting, then your reflexes and reflexive targets will be according to the fighting rules so that you do not foul or get banned from the competitions. If you train for the rules of survival, then your reflexes and reflexive targets will be to break your opponent ability to harm you so that you can flee the danger zone.

It is mentally and physically impossible to train both for competition and for survival simultaneously. You must tune your reflexes to one or the other, there is not convenient toggle switch that lets you do both.
    For anyone who cares to debate that in person, by email, or on the phone, I am easy to find here in the Colorado Rockies. For the keyboard bullies, save your keystrokes, I don't have time for cowards.
    Welcome to Bullshido Mr Izzo.

Though Dan was polite in person, his deceitful and surreal claims regarding a simple sparring session with me kind of disqualifies him from the Integrity Merit Badge.

He attempted to spin simple highly restrictive sparring as a match, and when it didn't work, deleted everything on his end, and pinged my accounts to have my own footage removed. Footage from my own event, no less.

Other than him obviously not being 165 lbs, I wouldn't have pegged him as dishonest from our in-person encounters. From his media weirdness, however, I'd strongly caution anyone dealing with him to know what they are potentially getting into.
    I only hope he isn't as deceptive and disrespectful in his future endeavors, as he was in his VBlog nonsense. Eyes good, voices good, being full of **** bad.
    Yes, we laughed at the "street stupidity" he raised. There are FAR TOO MANY examples of "sport competitors" surviving and stopping crime.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/31/2014 5:07pm at .

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is/was Bobby Bullshido staff?

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay here are screenshots of exchanges between Bobby and Dan.
    Apparently someone's an avid name googler. I put the clip on dailymotion yest. and by this morning it was already pinged.

It's now here on BS, where it shall remain. If this gets any sillier, I'm going to do a full writeup on all this insanity.

Dan, obviously you're reading all of this. What the hell man? You do know bullshido, among other things, investigates fraud and false claims in the martial arts?

@Everyone else: Here's Mr Horgan's initial excuse as to why the footage should have come down. It was sent some months after the sparring.
    Attachment 15430

@Dan, you should know that apologizing for being full of **** doesn't really count when it's lies, and you are still treating people like idiots. You want to be a "fighter", go and have a sanctioned match like you have some stones, kid.

If you'll remember, Dan, this was my message to you a day or two following the round. It was, and still is, damn good advice.
    Attachment 15431
    Please note, Dan actually states:
    "If you want to leave them up, I totally understand." Well then, that means he gave permission for them to be up.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Is/was Bobby Bullshido staff?
    No, he was never an administrator or a moderator. He did belong to a Bullshido content creators section, but this was not a staff position.

Style
    xingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    No, he was never an administrator or a moderator. He did belong to a Bullshido content creators section, but this was not a staff position.
    The problem occurred because he had a tag labeled "staff writer." He had no moderation powers, no say in how the website was run and as Sam stated was supposed to create articles.

Style
    nothing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140724_160901.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	16196

Can I be the staff Sasquatch?

Seriously, I would love to the be staff TCM Adviser

Page 2 of 2 First 12