Page 13 of 13 First ... 3910111213
    solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    That's pretty fair. What kinda bugs me is that YMAS and Boff Topic seem to be way more active than the sections about ACTUAL FIGHTING ****. Aside from the annual investigation or so that actually goes somewhere. ****, I'm going to start posting videos of me getting my as kicked in Kyokushin or something just so we get more actual technical discussion going.
    i don't find the day to day training of a middle aged mediocre judo shodan to be particularly interesting or useful to post about (although my journey from white to black belt is all in my training blog, and i think people might get something out of that.) plateaus are real but not a particularly good forum topic.

by far my most interesting training lately has been in the use of firearms so that's what i've been posting about.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Not always, I have discussed Judo with you before. I think the problem is more about attention. The posters seem to be spending more time in the political forums and YMAS to blow off steam.
    Not saying it never happens, just not the norm anymore. Politics is more exciting I suppose.

Intellectual stimulation from Judo is fairly limited, although some judoka can argue endlessly about stuff that does not matter so much in terms of physical performance.

A lot of the more historical stuff is regurgitated mix of myth and legend, "my sensei said so, so it is true" kind of thing. The Old Judo Forum had some folks who were real historians of Japanese MA, speak and read Japanese, and are/were immersed in the culture...real researchers.

I'm not one of those, but I learned some interesting stuff while that was active. Research is ongoing, but quite a bit of it is proprietary.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    Well I'd loved to discuss, but don't have the background needed to say anything of worth! Still, grapple talk is always a great diversion, just not enough Judoka around to make it Judo-specific I guess.
    Grappling is grappling, more or less, variations on the theme, so to speak. The older I get, the more I realize that is true. Rulesets vary and influence different flavors of grappling, as does history, etc.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i don't find the day to day training of a middle aged mediocre judo shodan to be particularly interesting or useful to post about (although my journey from white to black belt is all in my training blog, and i think people might get something out of that.) plateaus are real but not a particularly good forum topic.

by far my most interesting training lately has been in the use of firearms so that's what i've been posting about.
    Yeah, something new is helpful to break the routine. So much of any training is mastering basics, and then repetition, and so much of success is limited by innate physical capability.

My kids are almost both teens now, and don't do Judo, so I am almost more interested in other sports now. Once they head off to college, I don't know what I'll do...I used Judo as place to hide from my not so good first marriage for too long, although I was younger then and could still get out there and actually do Judo. Gotta live point forward though, so I just keep on moving forward as best I can.

Style
    Mixed
    I'm not pooing as you put it on Marc. I'm pooing on the rampant dick slurping from you guys over this.
    You cast the first slurp, Bnet.

As far as acting thick skinned tough guy, nope. All I do is roll with the punches.
    Seriously, when was the exact last time you rolled with a punch.

See here's the thing, I'm of the opinion that Marc doesn't care about this and probably isn't going to be ran off a site over something this trivial. But here's an idea, let's hear it from him instead of guessing.
    Stop trolling, his silence is deafening me.

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    My point is maybe we've created an environment so hostile and so far up its' own ass that actual hardass motherfuckers don't even feel like bothering with us for the same reason that they quit posting on Sherdog and the UG.
    They quit posting on those places because they're busy training.

Bullshido is the safest space in the internet, Ghost, for a lot of weird reasons.

Page 13 of 13 First ... 3910111213