Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai

taping your ears.

OK imagine a picture if a rugby player here with their ears taped up. I still haven't figured out pictures since my thingy filled up.

OK so it is a pretty common practice among rugby players to prevent ear damage

I did it when I played. So should it work with wrestling and if so why don't people do it?
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QwJhAN4m64I

That is actually really complicated. I just used electrical tape.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Style
    APK, Pradal Serey
    I am a rugger and alternate between playing prop and lock and have my ears taped for nearly every game. I tried taping my ears the same way for wrestling instead of getting ear guards and it started sliding when any sort or grip or rotational pull happened.

I thought wrestlers had those ear guard things for headgear.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    I wonder if I should do this in the name of avoid cauliflower ear...

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Watermelons?
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Wrestlers do them but very few other martial arts do. And apparently cauliflower ears suck.

By the way what is everybodies treatment? We tend to just syringe the blood out and put a peg on it.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    By the way what is everybodies treatment? We tend to just syringe the blood out and put a peg on it.
    Sharp #2 pencil.

Style
    Pumping iron
    I heard there is a treatment involving blood drainage and cortison injections (in the earlobes), but it has to happen withing a few days.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

You have to work the look. supporting member
    Style
    Judo, BJJ
    I played as a winger so please excuse my ignorance on the game of rugby, but isn't taping your ears up a total "look at me, I'm so old-school hard" thing?

You can get decent light scrum caps now that do as good a job without requiring as much effort to put on. OK, they do not look nearly as cool, but ease of use has got to count for something. Same thing goes for wrestling head gear - you might look a bit of a div, but your ears are protected and it was easy to put on and take off again.

Style
    Judo & WTF Taekwondo
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    I played as a winger so please excuse my ignorance on the game of rugby, but isn't taping your ears up a total "look at me, I'm so old-school hard" thing?

You can get decent light scrum caps now that do as good a job without requiring as much effort to put on. OK, they do not look nearly as cool, but ease of use has got to count for something. Same thing goes for wrestling head gear - you might look a bit of a div, but your ears are protected and it was easy to put on and take off again.
    Might be time to go and stand between the 5m and touch line crack.

Scrum caps get in the way and they're a pain in arse to keep readjusting as well as being quite easy to pull down over the face so people can't see what they're doing in a ruck. Plus I've never trusted a prop wearing headgear for some reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last