Style
    Goju Ryu/Balintawak Arnis
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Intro thread for whoever gives a damn

Hey guys.
    first stumbled on the site around a year ago while fucking around on the internet looking at alternate striking training (I had a moment of idiocy and thought there was something better than bag work and sparring..), and recently thought of it and have been lurking for maybe a few months
    Some background on myself.. I've been training in martial arts for around 7 years, in goju ryu karate (my instructor was trained by tino ceberano, easy to trace through to miyagi), and balintawak arnis for about 2 and a half years at the same school thanks to affiliation with Bobby Taboada
    I have a fairly good number of friends who practice MA as well, and really enjoy visiting a variety of schools to get my ass kicked on a relatively regular basis by practitioners of muay thai, bjj, judo, and boxing

outside of MA, I'm interested in philosophy, and logic in general, weight training, economics and finance, law, and that's about it. oh I'm also a gymnast, though only on a casual basis in recent years
    I mostly write forum posts from my phone, like this one, so try to deal with the shitty writing
    bullshido really seems the type of community I like, because as a rule I hate political correctness, fluffing, and people that manage to sell **** using fallacies for PR
    anyway, as the title says, this is just my little intro if you guys give a **** and if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer
    p.s. I'm based in Melbourne, Australia not sure if that is on my profile

Style
    Goju, mma, HEMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome ju touch ;) . Damn I can't wait until more than just two of my like 10+ posts get posted and I don`t have to prove I'm not a bot anymore!

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome, if you have lurked for a few months and your first post is an intro, and you have read the rules.
    Your likely to have a good time here.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    Yagyu Shinkage Ryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido!

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks for the welcome guys
    and yeah goodlun, I do my best to only piss people off when it's my intention

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soft touch View Post
    p.s. I'm based in Melbourne, Australia
    Oh no, does that mean you're a hipster?! Jokes, welcome to the site!

have you studied economics/finance/law/philosophy or are is it more of a hobby/interest sort of thing?
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    A casual gymnast?

You mean you step back after you have landed?
    pretty much, yeah :P
    I just turn up, chuck some skills on floor and rings/highbar/pbars, then leave most of the time
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Oh no, does that mean you're a hipster?! Jokes, welcome to the site!

have you studied economics/finance/law/philosophy or are is it more of a hobby/interest sort of thing?
    thankfully not a hipster, though I know my fair share

as to study, an interesting question... I've been doing a course offered for free online from US universities, (aka Harvard) in economics, and through family and friends I occasionally sit in at universities closer to home and listen to lectures, so I guess half hobby half study?
    philosophy and logic are just hobbies, but I'm fairly good with slabs of text and have Aristotle's organon as a regular read, along with copies other text from Socrates, Machiavelli, and of course Critique of Pure Reason by Immanuel Kant
    hoping to get a copy of kant's Critique of practical reason soon too

oops forgot the art of war by sun tzu, also a beloved piece of writing (from what I've seen it has some appreciation here on bullshido too)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk