Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
    I want to see more new members like this guy this coming summer.

Oh Christ, I'm no striker but even I remember that terrible defense:

That blocking method is just begging for a straight jab cross to the face. 360 degrees of coverage is only useful if you're trying to defend yourself in two dimensions; movement in reality is conducted in three dimensions and would require (help me out here mathematicians) 41,253 square degrees of defense. Which can be done:

Blocking is an extremely effective technique, but skip on this Okinawan Jujitsu garbage because they clearly know nothing about it or any other facet of fighting.
    That knife defense looks to me to invite getting your forearm cut to the bone. I'm not sure what the best sort of defense to an unrealistic telegraphed overhead stab might be, though.

And, even in computer animations, just as in the vast majority of RBSD demos, the attacker doesn't really attempt to hit the defender.

argh!
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Who wants somebody who merely claims to teach MA to law enforcement?
    Being in San Diego every gym here has a healthy helping of Military and LEO members in them.
    One gym had a fair number of SEALs training at it. Did they advertise it at all? Nope.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Being in San Diego every gym here has a healthy helping of Military and LEO members in them.
    One gym had a fair number of SEALs training at it. Did they advertise it at all? Nope.
    Quickest way to lose those types as customers for sure. No cop wants to be pointed out while off duty doing his own thing.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I train with 2 or 3 cops, several Navy, and a MCMAP instructor, and only 1 of them ever brings it up cause he teaches defensive tactics and likes to share training stories with my teacher.

I also trained with a cop or 2 in a mcdojo years ago. LEOs don't always seek the best training.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Incidentally one of my BJJ instructors is now offering jujutsu for law enforcement seminars in New Jersey.

Please PM me if interested and I will pass your info along.

Serious inquiries only or else.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I took Plasma's advice, did some research, and found a place teaching Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Michiana. It's called Midwest Martial Arts. They're an associate of the Marcello C. Monteiro BJJ Association. Is this well regarded school?

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Monteiro got his Black Black from De La Riva. Very legit. Have fun!

Style
    beginner baji, pigua
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Umm... in my opinion anyone who says Qi is anything but air is probably not legit. When i just left China someone talked to me about qi and i was like wtf mate. Then after a while it seems most people outside of China thinks Qi is like some magical energy that you can hadouken people with

Page 3 of 3 First 123