Page 4 of 6 First 123456 Last
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Badlands of Ohio
    Posts
    359
    Style
    Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido
    2
    I always liked the "gun kata" from equilibrium...not necessarily the 'spin around-shoot everyone 23 times-strike a pose' scenes, but the idea of making a TMA based on sidearms was interesting. The fight at the end with the 'sticky hands' kind of sequence was kind of cool, IMO...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    844
    Style
    Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu
    1
    There's a pretty robust written universe for Battletech, including novels. At least there was when I was in jr high

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    185
    Style
    Thai Boxing
    Noah had better fight scenes. You should have gone to see Noah.

  4. #34
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    14,442
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keslet View Post
    I always liked the "gun kata" from equilibrium...not necessarily the 'spin around-shoot everyone 23 times-strike a pose' scenes, but the idea of making a TMA based on sidearms was interesting.
    Well gun kata was pretty much all strike-a-pose stuff, and the poses they picked were stupid.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Badlands of Ohio
    Posts
    359
    Style
    Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido
    Hmmm...maybe I've got rose-colored glasses on...it's been awhile since I saw it...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #36
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,287
    Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Well gun kata was pretty much all strike-a-pose stuff, and the poses they picked were stupid.
    But they all look awesome, and that is what really matters.

  7. #37
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    14,442
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    But they all look awesome, and that is what really matters.
    No they don't! Its just that two pistols and a Matrix costume can be an effective camouflage for lameness.

  8. #38
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Videodrome
    Posts
    12,924
    Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    There's a pretty robust written universe for Battletech, including novels. At least there was when I was in jr high
    Right but the fiction is written for the game universe, as opposed to the other way around.

    Warhammer is another great example, esp. Warhammer 40K. They built a very rich universe with both scifi and fantasy elements, just as the backdrop for a single tabletop game.

    The novels flesh out the overall universe, but it's the gaming that ties it together...there would never have been all these BT and WH40K novels were it not for the legion of people playing the tabletop and video games in little nerd-packs..

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    844
    Style
    Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu
    Oh for sure. Watching Pacific Rim made me pissed there's no BT movie. Biggest problem is finding the storyline to follow. Probably clan invasion would be the most dramatic...maybe follow the Crescent Hawks?

  10. #40
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,287
    Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    No they don't! Its just that two pistols and a Matrix costume can be an effective camouflage for lameness.
    Who took your sense of fun out behind a shed and put it down?

Page 4 of 6 First 123456 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in