Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Style
    Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd been told that there was the four second "nice" choke, and the quick hit the nerves "mean" choke and that one was the one that made people pee and poo and Gene Lebell used the mean one on Seagull. So this is bs?
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Style
    Mixed
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    One of the more famous urban legends - Steven Segal says he can't be choked, LeBell says he can be and turns his lights off while Segal 'goes to the bathroom there'. Question: Does anyone know is something like that possible? I mean, I know that when you die (in car crash for example, sometimes naturally) or in moments of extreme fear,... it's not unusual for a person to pee himself as some muscles get relaxed too much.

So to add a brownie seems plausible while getting choked. Can any expert choker validate, that there is a choke that can achieve what Gene claims (distinct one or usual ones we learn with proper tightness, technique,... relaxing body muscles enough) at the will of the one applying the hold or at least can lead to this result in some cases? I would like to know without volunteering for a test subject :-).
    Gene claimed nothing of the sort.

Gene is a classy guy, and most of the tales you've heard of his exaggerations are, in fact, exaggerations and tales themselves.

Now, I will quote for truth, and please ask that you stop spreading lies about my favorite judoka.

Ariel Helwani: "I've had the privilege and honor of interviewing one Sensei Steven Seagal."

Gene LeBell: (Cackles) " OK."

AH: "There is a story out there did you in fact choke out Sensei Seagal, and is it true that he did in the process soil himself?"

GL: "Well, if a guy soils himself, you can't criticize him, because if they just had a nice big dinner an hour before, you might have a tendency to do that.
    "Steven Seagal is a very outstanding martial artist. I've got nothing against Steven.

"Personally, myself I don't think he's taught these mixed martial artists how to win a match.

"He's done a lot for martial arts. But I know where he's insulted Randy Couture. Well, Randy Couture if he ever got mad would have him for lunch.
    "And that isn't to put down Steven, but 'closed mouth don't catch any foot.'

AH: So, did that happen?

GL: You can't be bragadocious if you've done something. Everybody has their individual things that have happened. I personally don't think you should put down, as many people do with Steven, because he's trying to do his best.

AH: So does that mean, Gene, that you will not confirm this actually took place?

GL: "Well, if 30 people are watching, let them talk about it. You interview a boxer or a wrestler and its 'I, I, I' and 'me, me, me.' What do I know? Gene LeBell knows Gene LeBell. And if I tell ya the stories everybody that tells you a story is the hero of their own story.
    Last edited by Ice Hole; 12/23/2013 3:40pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for correcting me with apologies to Gene, I set up this thread a bit wrong - I should think over about who made the claim I stated a bit more.

Btw I'd give my right testicle to be able to attend regular courses in Hayastan academy for a few years.
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 12/23/2013 4:17pm at .

Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gene isn't just classy he's also honorable. Old school honorable. The kind of fighter that doesn't speak ill of a defeated opponent and he certainly wouldn't promote petty rumors putting down another martial artist and aggrandizing himself. The guy is a master. He stands upon his own laurels and doesn't need to take cheap shots at Steven Segal to look good. He's smart enough to know that riding the "brown choke" story would be really more disgraceful to himself than Segal.

If the story really did happen Lebel will never in a million years admit it. Rabbits quote pretty much affirms that. Segal will never in his life admit it either. Segal can't take the ego hit and Lebel doesn't need the ego boost.

So in the end you just gotta go with what you believe. I think something did happen though there may be more urban legen than truth in the story. Gene did get 86'd from the crew on Under Seige. Something did happen between him and Segal resulting in neither wanting to work professionally with each other afterwords. From the way the subject is danced around on both sides I kind of get the impression that something did happen. For all of Lebel's gentle treatment of the subject he's never once said plainly "that didn't happen and you shouldn't believe everything you hear."

The big questions is were poopy pants actually involved or was it just a normal argument and some of the eye witnesses decided to add some really outrageous embellishments?
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 12/23/2013 5:22pm at .

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    I'd been told that there was the four second "nice" choke, and the quick hit the nerves "mean" choke and that one was the one that made people pee and poo and Gene Lebell used the mean one on Seagull. So this is bs?
    4 seconds would be pretty quick, pretty much perfectly applied strangle. You can press on the throat/trachea, which is very painful, but may not cut off blood flow.

Nerves are effected in most strangles I know of in Judo (Shime Waza), specifically the Vagus Nerve. I've never heard of such a gradation from nice to pooping oneself, LOL.

However, Gene may well have esoteric knowledge unknown to me. The one clinic I went to with him he had an encyclopedic knowledge of submissions for sure.

I guess you would want to start with confirming that Seagull really pooped his pants.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    血鷲
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what have we learned--save ourselves from getting shat on by choking both ends?

Style
    Judo, Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    4 seconds would be pretty quick, pretty much perfectly applied strangle. You can press on the throat/trachea, which is very painful, but may not cut off blood flow.

Nerves are effected in most strangles I know of in Judo (Shime Waza), specifically the Vagus Nerve. I've never heard of such a gradation from nice to pooping oneself, LOL.

However, Gene may well have esoteric knowledge unknown to me. The one clinic I went to with him he had an encyclopedic knowledge of submissions for sure.

I guess you would want to start with confirming that Seagull really pooped his pants.
    I've seen my sensei (rokudan) put people out in under a second with a well placed choke. It's possible.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps it would be best to just leave this turd alone at the level of an awesome camp-fire story :-/.

It would be fun to know that 'the brown choke' exists but everyone would love to learn it than and if it became a part of the common knowledge this would lead to countless evil 'mishaps' on the mats, parties,... for revenge or pure fun :-)

Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    So what have we learned--save ourselves from getting shat on by choking both ends?
    From Rabbit's Lebell quote it appears the secret is not having a loaded... ...er, "cannon" (?) if you anticipate being chocked so you don't... uh, "discharge" (?) when your muscles relax.

So, "vacate bowels before class, fight or work"?

Preventing some random Uke from crapping on you though? Figure that one out and you'll win a Nobel prize...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I have been choked time and time again, to the point my throat hurt for whole weeks.
    Never laid an egg or gave someone golden shower. If it really exists, it must be something awfully special or just coincidence connected to adrenaline rush, being full to the brim,... or god knows what (combined).

But it's also possible the way story is told that someone just got CTFO, leaked or got full service. Whatever, that's the matter of participants, I was just interested in a fact that such a technique exists.
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 12/25/2013 7:44am at .

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last