Page 2 of 2 First 12

Style
    Ubasute:TaiChi/MMA/Knife

it was the 80s so...

5 Yrs late here, but I think Victor Solier (TKD) popularized spinning kicks in interational kickboxing in he early 80's (and if so, he's one of the reasons why spinning back kicks exist in MMA today?):

Style
    Goju Ryu, Muay Chaiya
    Spinning Back kicks are used in Muay Thai, and they are effective. The two kicks mentioned at the start of the post are very effective: Deer looks back can mess your knee cap, and the crocodile whips its tail is widely used, both kicks are used a lot in Muay Chaiya...the angle at which the kick is thrown is very important, specially in the crocodile kick...I leave video of Tea, one of the fighters at Baanchangthai Muay Chaiya camp, it is a controlled spar session, not a fight but in 1:42 for example you can see a good use of the crocodile whips its tail or chorakee faad Hang...

https://www.facebook.com/muaychaiya/...3960764/?t=108

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by BFGalbraith View Post
    5 Yrs late here, but I think Victor Solier (TKD) popularized spinning kicks in interational kickboxing in he early 80's (and if so, he's one of the reasons why spinning back kicks exist in MMA today?):
    I don't know if we are including spinning back kicks to the stomach or liver in the basket of techniques you are talking about,

but if you are, you have to give Benny the Jet his due.

He was the king of knocking people with knocking people out with a spinning back kick to their midsection.

Page 2 of 2 First 12