Page 2 of 2 First 12

Style
    mma
    Do you have a friend who you could train with?

Sparing will help you get used to fighting and get the kind of reflexes you may need

Trial and error is better than nothing

Style
    Humbleness
    Well If you have no Gym close
    The best you could do is learn something from Bas Rutten

Try to get the full series or you could watch them on youtube

They have a lot of techniques on fighting, streetching and such. Then watch them with some friends and try to slowly practice the techniques

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Really 250k is the closest MA? No Boxing, Judo or anything at all near you? I mean how can you live in a place so remote then have to worry about "street fighting". Something isn't adding up here.
    Truth is its very hard to learn to fight without a qualified instructor.
    Conditioning for a fight is very hard to do without fighting.

Style
    Parkour and Judo
    Not to pester, but you do realize that martial arts aren't all from Asia, right? Does your country have any combat games? Folk wrestling? Rock throwing?

You could always take up soccer, or rugby if you've got it. That's better than what you're talking about for fighting shape, if you ask me.

But let's talk about street fighting. What exactly is the situation you're in, that you expect to have to fight?
    Last edited by simonifrius; 9/18/2012 10:35pm at .

Well I have 1 guy who I sometimes box with. Problem is than in my city everyone who is different ( smarter, fatter....) than standart are treated badly.

Style
    Parkour and Judo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparteh View Post
    Well I have 1 guy who I sometimes box with. Problem is than in my city everyone who is different ( smarter, fatter....) than standart are treated badly.
    There are some shops here in the States where employees can smell money on a person. Since they don't smell it on me, they give me the cold shoulder. But I can usually handle my anger and hurt pride with a deflecting joke to my friends. No violence needed.

Then there's some neighborhoods you can walk down, as a white guy, and you'll hear all kinds of jokes, comments, and even some people getting in your face (sometimes). In those situations, I try to stay in a group, don't go to unfamiliar places, be friendly, have thick skin, etc. I don't assume that being able to beat one guy up will help me, because the kind of guy that wants to fight a nice fella like me probably has a few buddies or a weapon to help him.

Can you be any more specific? I don't think telling us the name of your country is going to be enough to identify you.

Lithuania. Yesterday one of my friends ( who lives in england) found this post (because he knows that I usually use this name for forums) and told me that he will get 1 any instructional dvd set. Any recomendations?

Style
    Parkour and Judo
    If you're going to train with videos, just use lockflow.com. Don't use Youtube, because there are no standards for quality there.

Learning by videos are more of a supplement than a replacement for live training, no matter what the ads say, so I advise you not to spend money until you're more educated.

Your country has judo, MMA, boxing, wrestling, sambo, taekwondo, and even pankration. Not much of a web presence for these, but there might be something closer to you than you think. You would probably benefit even if you occasionally visited those places.

Judo:
    http://www.judo.lt/
    Wrestling:
    http://www.imtynes.lt/
    Boxing:
    http://www.boksofederacija.lt/
    Sambo:
    http://www.sambo.lt/index1.php

Page 2 of 2 First 12