Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Dryer safe gi

Style
    Karate-knockdown, BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    I ended up buying a larger gi and shrinking the **** out of it. The jacket came out perfect and the pants I had to take 2" off the bottom and hemmed (tailor chrged 10 dollars) them up. Now I just wash and dry with no worries.
    I did the same with my BJJ gi. I wear an A4 and I bought an A6. Shrank it and boom, fits great!!

Style
    BJJ
    Black Eagle Predator gi apparently can be put in the drier and the shrinkage is negligible.

Or just get another gi to line-dry. A light gi will obviously dry faster but some are very flimsy and easy to grab onto and choke you with.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!
    Style
    Judo, BJJ
    I have a size 6 REN bleached white gi, and I put that in the dryer all the time. The pants fit perfect and the jacket is still a little baggy. I have a black Ronin Competition Gi, also in size 6 and I dry that one too. Just to give you an idea, I am 6'3 and about 245 lbs (AKA Fat fooker!)
    I feel like you eye-bawlin' me, dawg!

Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    I alternate between two gis and just hang dry them after washing. They tend to last a lot longer that way.

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    Hang your gi on a hanger and put a fan directly on it. I do this with all my gis-doubleweave and singleweave. They dry within 6 hours.

Page 2 of 2 First 12